RCNC Store? (Please provide feedback)

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by JustinScott, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

OK, so I have a question for the masses.

Tuggy & I were talking about opening a RCNC store so he could sell his parts. I got to thinking, Tuggy has many things to sell and therefore should have a website.. but what about the guy who only sells 3 things every other month? What about the other guy who just wants to sell off a garage full of old pumps?
    The flip side works as well, RCNC is a great place for information... but what if it became a one stop shop? Come here chat, get hooked, then buy a brand new BC hull, someone's unused radio... etc?

Just to be clear as well, RCNC would not be a competition to BC / BDE but would prefer to become an affiliate (reseller). I actually started talking with BC last year about similar things... but got distracted by my new house. :)

ANYWAY.... the feedback I'm looking for is:
    Who has something they would be interested in selling?
    Would you come to RCNC to buy?
    Would you come to RCNC to post your used stuff?
    --OR--
    Is this just another collosal waste of time?

2. klibben

klibben Member

As long as the sellers are interested, I think it's a good idea... Enough people seem interested in the ships for sale as it is, I know being able to shop on here would make it alot more convenient then trying to find all the small suppliers you only hear about via word of mouth.

3. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I think it is a good idea as it helps the little guy or gal sell anything they may want to.

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

I think enough people have stuff to sell on here that it will probably get a fair deal of use. Atleast for buying and selling of used stuff or things people make themselves. I dont think I would buy anything from BC(or any other stand alone supplier) through this website unless there was a reason to. I think this would be one of a few places I would come and post used stuff I was trying to sell. Overall I think its a pretty good idea atleast for the trade in used boats and parts. If you were just envisioning BC having postings in this new section and you're still buying directly from them that makes more sense to me.

5. JustinScott

Yes, you are buying directly from the seller... whether the seller is a small-guy like greg with his cannons, or BC themselves (note: they haven't agreed to anything yet.) The point of RCNC is to facilitate the hobby, so in this regard it would facilitate buyer finding seller.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I've shut down my website, as I have had a lot of things happening in my life (only working one day per week now)... I will be selling hulls and things on the RCNC store; I am about to make a batch of Greg's pumps and I will have those, plus turrets, Bismarck SS, and anything else that I've forgotten as I await my coffee. Hulls will not be limited to fiberglass, I will post wood ones as they are available.

7. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

I think it is a good idea .tugboat do you have pictures of the Bismarck SS. do yuo make SS for the Prinz Eugen

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I think it's a good idea too.

9. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I don't have SS for anything other than Bismarck at the moment. In the future, I would like to add other ships to the lineup. I'm working with Grey Wolf Shipyards to get some really sweet HMS Invincible turrets (high detail and all that) to go with a forthcoming SS project. So they may help me out with some work in that vein. We already worked on the new Vanguard turrets that you can see at BC (Totally SWEET!) (I say 'we' worked, but all I did was research). I will reveal that equally cool Vanguard and KGV secondary turrets will be forthcoming. Yes, they are two separate plugs, as the turrets are different :)

As far as PE, my source material is a little thin, but I'm sure in time that will be fixed.

10. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Well Tug... good to hear you are getting back on the new stuff :)

-Greg

11. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I like the idea of being able to sell stuff off of here. There is a lot of us making small amounts of things and we could pawn a few off here. As far as the big guys like BC, a link to their site would be suffecient with maybe announcements of monthly sale or overstocks.

12. squires

squires Member

i think a store would be awsome especially if you could get people like bc interested and have their store hosted on here too

13. JustinScott

OK, well start donating...

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/Forum/tabid/58/aff/540/aft/440705/afv/topic/afnp/442525/Default.aspx

14. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

I would buy from this store if there are things I need. I am working on a hull plug right now that I had to put aside to finish a ship I have been working on, but I would liek to have that hull advaliable through then store once the plug and molds are complete and I am sure I can make a hull worthy to sell. It is a Kaiser Class Dreadnought.

15. JustinScott

Sounds like this store will be perfect for you! Users could always by most of what they needed @ BC,etc but vendors couldn't always sell what they could make. This store is more about you. Making a succesfull store is really about three things:

#1) Having enough products to keep things interesting, so people keep coming back. RCNC brings this simply by quantity of users who will become vendors.
    #2) Setting up a quality dynamic site with payment processor... something professional enough that the users feel confident when buying. I bring that to the table.
    #3) Exposure&traffic. If no one comes to your shop, then there isn't much point is there? RCNC certainly does that for you.

16. mighty_yamoto

mighty_yamoto New Member

i think its a good idea

17. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

As a newccomer I think this is an excellent idea. Even if a store does not happen, a list of vendors and garage manufacturers with a brief descrption of what they sell would be a priceless resource to someone who is trying to get started or does not go to a lot of events.

18. phill

phill Active Member

Another thought is to have a place where folks can talk about what they want to be able to find.
    I'm now in a situation where I will be able to do limited production if I want to. This will be a hobby for me, not a source of income. If there is an identified need out there, I might be willing to do some limited production runs of a few products. I'd rather do things that are not available from other sources at this point but I don't know what folks are looking for. One thought is to do a collection of seaplace kits. One or two british, one or two US, one german, one japaneese and one french.