reaching out to YouTubers for science-related videos

Discussion in 'Propaganda' started by Kotori87, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I've had an idea bouncing around in my brain recently. I wonder if we could reach a wider audience through collaborations with major YouTubers. I know the last couple forays into the world of YouTubers was less-than-successful, but that was more due to choosing the wrong youtubers than to any real problems with the idea itself. If you are at all familiar with the Battleship New Jersey's official youtube channel, or perhaps Destin's youtube channel Smarter Every Day, I think you know what is possible if we approach the right youtuber. These two channels are quite respectful of their source material, and manage to produce fantastic educational and entertaining content. Imagine if we could convince Destin to visit a regionals or Nats, and make a video or two about our hobby, exploring some of the science of model warship combat. I'm sure Ryan Szimanski of the Battleship New Jersey museum would love to do a few videos about modern-day battleships that still see action, rather than stationary museums.

Failing that, could we do a video series about the science behind model warship combat? I've seen a few videos about construction, but not about the science or engineering. What sorts of science/engineering topics would you like to cover? I personally find damage control (pumping, water channeling, and the science of sinking) to be particularly fascinating.

Justin Ragucci likes this.
  2. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

Honestly, it wouldnt hurt to reach out. I’m pretty sure Destin lives down in Mississippi so maybe he would be interested in a trip to one of the GA battles.
    Not sure Ryan would be (he is very busy), unless we can set up an event in the Delaware River (so kidding about that) that could be used to promote the battleship as well.
    I think that last part would be fun. Setting up an event at the various museum ships…

3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Part of the problem you are going to run into is the legality of our boats in certain states.

For example, our cannons in some states could be legally defined as firearms.

I'd rule out BB62 museum for that specific reason.

Justin Ragucci likes this.