Really anxious to get building!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chuck Scott, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Chuck Scott

Chuck Scott New Member

Hard not to pull the trigger, but I'm trying to be patient, I dive in deep to my hobbies and want to build a hull that will challenge both my building and driving skills. I find it rewarding overcoming problems and doing things I didn't know I could. I generally don't get discouraged, I bear down and push through. I've built dozens of plastic plane/ship models, and have some r/c experience with drone. So my research has led me to wanting to build a fast gun Konig. Any constructive comments or tips would be greatly appreciated. I've been pouring over these forums for the last couple days, and it's become very obvious there's a lot to learn, and help from this knowledgeable group is an absolute must. I'm in Des Moines Iowa and have noticed a Minnesota and Ohio based battling groups. Look forward to talking to some of them! Just getting myself out there with this thread. Thanks.

2. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Minnesota is mainly IRCWCC people (rules set at www.ircwcc.org) And ohio are mainly treaty rule set (I think). Their rules used to be on R/C combat in their club section (I think)

3. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

You're pretty close to the Port Polar Bear group. Check out portpolarbear.com and get in touch with Bob. They have an email list and lots of helpful battlers.
    Konig is a decent ship. It is slow but turns very well. It is a little cramped to get everything in but shouldn't be too difficult with some help and guidance. Just be patient and keep grinding away and one day you battle!

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Watch my How To Builda Warship video.
    It's posted on here someplace.

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017