Research books: USS Washington

Discussion in 'Research and Development' started by donanton, Dec 11, 2007.

1. donanton

donanton Member

Does anyone know of any good reference books for the USS Washington/ North Carolina? I didn't find one for the Washington/ North Carolina in the Anatomy of the ship series.

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Since it's still actually afloat, I'd expect there should be plenty. I'd check here, call or e-mail & ask them if there isn't something obvious:

http://www.battleshipnc.com/index.html

JM

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The reference book from Floating Drydock is okay. I mainly bought it for the plans set that comes with it. The book is thin, some pictures that are pretty helpful, and I forget the size of the plans, but they needed to be enlarged to be 1/144.

4. donanton

donanton Member

I go the reference book from he site JohnmCa72 suggested. It contained plans from he floating dry dock. They were 1/350. I blew them up to 1/144.

5. Tugboat

I think that's the same one I have, as I bought it AT the North Carolina :) Took ~200-odd pictures in summer 2006.

6. donanton

donanton Member

Yeah I got mine fron the NC's official site.

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

There is some good info located here:

http://usswashington.com/

I'm pretty sure there are also some plans and diagrams there you can download.

Mike D

8. donanton

donanton Member

I was gonna use those diagrams, but now im just gonna use the designs I git fron the NC reference book. It included drawings from the floating drydock.

9. donanton

donanton Member

::CONSTRUCTION UPDATE::
    I got my deck kit, but am trying to find a date to get together with some of the other NYBG guys so I can mark and cut the windows and maybe do the running gear.

Speaking of running gear, I hooked up one of the motors and it said (whe set to 20,000 ohms) that I had 0.02. Which Im guessing is 200 ohms? Does this sound correct?

10. Tugboat

Don, don't go by that number :) The resistance of one of these motors is very low (probably 1 or 2 ohms), and will change depending on the speed of the motor while it's running (counterelectromotive force, or CEMF). If the motor looks like it's in good shape, it should be good to go.

11. donanton

donanton Member

Motor talk will continue on the Washington build thread. :)