Results of 05OCT13 battle at Potters Rd, Saranac, MI. from Mark Roe

Discussion in 'Great Lakes Attack Squadron (GLAS)' started by WillCover, Oct 9, 2013.

1. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

Results of 05OCT13 battle at Potters Rd, Saranac, MI.
    Mark ---VDT
    Kas G — Invincible
    Dave ---- Revenge
    Will --- Pennsylvania and Michigan

There is a blacktop path heading toward the west shore. Easy unloading of your equipment. Very nice site. Clean water, no weeds, no spectators, no radio interference for the 75MHz or 2.4GHz radios. I sailed my 27MHz convoy. A small amount of interference with me fifty feet away from the bridge and the boat on the other side. The bridge is all metal, wire suspension type. The floor of the bridge is of wire mesh construction. There is no wood. If I stood 10 feet from the bridge I could sail the convoy completely around the island without interference. Kas built a launching dock. Three feet wide and five feet out into the water. It worked well.
    Pennsylvania sailed with the video camera looking forward over the bow sidemount. VDT driving alongside Pennsylvania trying to stay in the camera view. VDT sank early in the 2nd sortie from a nice ten hole pattern inflicted by Revenge stern sidemount. VDT patched that group of holes only, and returned to the sortie.
    AM battle
    Mark 21+6+25+sunk+above waterline ram penalty = 3010
    Kas 21+3+7=635
    Total 3645
    Vs
    Dave 74+14+38=2990
    Will 29+0+5=540
    Total 3530

PM battle
    Will sailed the Michigan. First sortie had the camera attached again. VDT did the same thing trying to stay in camera view. Michigan’s throttle wire broke off the switch. We were able to resolder it. After Michigan sank the Revenge was attacked tag team style. Revenge expended it’s ammo, called five, and sailed for the opposite shore. VDT continued to press the attack. Dave began walking along the north shore, I followed him. We ended up on the east shore. Revenge tried to escape by sailing around the island. VDT followed. We both successfully circumnavigated the island by watching the pump streams. The ship hulls were not visible as they sailed under the bridge. VDT was unable to catch up, and Revenge finished it’s five.
    Mark 13+5+25=1505
    Kas 17+1+7=545
    Total 2050
    Vs
    Dave 58+6+22=1830
    Will 15+5+4+sunk=1675
    Total 3605
    This was the last battle of 2013. See you next year.
    Mark

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Will.
    So sounds like you guys had a good time.
    Nikki

3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Were is this pond at.
    Nikki