Richelieu questions

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by burnzy232, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

And that, too, is a form of camouflage. Just blending into a different background :)

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I haven't a clue how ausbg handles planes. Have heard that some US Big Gun groups gives one 1/4" cannon for every 10 plans or so that an aircraft carrier had.

3. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

yeah, i think only aircraft carriers can have them armed,
    now back on the topic of camo paint, i recon ill go with Ali G fluro orange camo, after the first reskin:)

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I'm partial to neon green. ;)

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The "sparkles" were on a local Mogador that was originally grey but was repainted fluorescent pink with yellow superstructure sections and had sequins added by it's new (female) owner. It was never made battle ready and was advertised for sale here a year or more ago. Don't know what became of it but it was very colourful!
    Bob

6. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

haha, if i build three transports i can have the hole set, neon green, blue and orange,
    oh heres one, what about a ship thats done with a mirror finish, it would either blind all those that dare to gaze apon it, or reflect the attacking ships image, now if i can just find some liquid mirror lying around

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The Richelieu class battleships are really great boats in big-gun.
    Although they only have one rudder, they still turn pretty good. And in that format, you will find that they have a speed advantage over a lot of the ships that
    they can't turn with.
    As to the color question.
    Looks like others have already answered that as well.
    Personally, I tend to use an overall grey color, as it makes it easier to keep the paint job looking nice after patching.
    But not too light of a grey, as the lighter colors appear to glow in photos, and video.
    The camo look really great. But it is a little more work.
    Mikey

8. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

yep, i agree that the camo does look the best but it will only look good before the first patch job,
    ok one last question, does anyone know were i can buy some turret covers for both the quads and the three turrets at the rear, or does anyone know how to make them?

9. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Making them is not so hard. I think Grey Wolf might be going to do that at some point.

10. phill

phill Active Member

There were a number of paint schemes for this ship. I have a great book on her with color plates of the various schemes.
    She does need to be battled differently. I have the dual sidemounts and a single stern in the aircraft hanger. Play like a fore/aft cruiser... Turn towards the action, Run through the mess and shoot at what ever gets near and take some pot shots leaving. Turn around and do it again. Works really well and every once in a while you get sandwitched by a couple of ships who haven't yet figured out that they are outgunned in a sidemount dual... She has a very fine hull shape so accelerates quit well for a ship of that size.

11. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

The best camo is lack of details. details attract attention which attracts BB's. Ugly ships run around like they have cloaking devices...everyone is busy looking at (and attacking) the pretty boats, so a garbage barge can often slip right into a firing position and let someone have it who was busy chasing around a pretty looking ship.

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I find if the Captains attacking the pretty boats get so dazzled by all that bling it makes them hesitate and throw off their attack While their looking at the lifeboat or searchlight going high in the air they don't notice that I am pounding them in those few precious seconds.