Richelieu Superstructure

Discussion in 'General' started by mdtest, Dec 10, 2022.

1. mdtest

mdtest New Member

My Big Gun Richelieu is 20 years old. I traced the Goff plans back then to make SS pieces. This summer, I used the original patterns to make a quick and dirty foam SS. I'm building a Richelieu Part Duex and want to make a nicer SS. I've found some great 3D STLs online GrabCAD & SkethFab, but it's the whole ship, that's a huge mesh to convert.

Does anyone have digital 2D plans of the Top & Side view of the Richelieu, preferably not Goff plans. I can use those in Fusion 360 to make a nice SS I can print.

Thanks in advance.

2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

French ships original builder plans are mostly available online due to the Marine Nationale archives being open to the public. One moment....

Try this link. Should be plenty to model a superstructure... (link removed due to site redirect being fishy)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  3. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

I was working on one a while back for Curt.. but I never did get around to finishing it. I guess I should.

-edit-
    So.. what year? The super structure changed drastically between launch in 1940 and the end of the war in 1945.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  4. mdtest

mdtest New Member

Thank you sir! That is more than I could have hoped for.

5. mdtest

mdtest New Member

The download link brings in nothing but viruses.

6. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    You could always just save the image files

7. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I actually just tried to download them myself and noticed that the domain that used to host their .zip files looks like it expired and is now one of those scammy redirect domains.

You can click on each individual picture and download them that way, but I would advise against trying to download the "complete hires set" at the bottom. I have a copy of the complete set, let me see if I can find it and I'll upload it myself here.

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1abzaBLnb_3HJpR0xbDSP7t2zg7F5V_fK/view?usp=share_link

That's my own .zip copy of all those Richelieu plans from about 4 years ago if not longer. Feel free to download and use as needed.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    darkapollo likes this.
  8. mdtest

mdtest New Member

Thank you. Saving the sites images works but gets very distorted when scaling to 144.

9. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Duffy…. Did you bring the photos into fusion & try scaling them there or are you scaling them outside of fusion?

I get this sense that fusion wouldn’t actually scale the images, it would scale everything else around it…. That said, im just guessing.