RIP Roland

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by NASAAN101, Aug 5, 2020.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    Its with a very heavy heart that im posting this: just got word from Roland Wife, Jenn. He pass away this afternoon.. Roland, was well-known member In are club, he will sorely be missed, by all in the two treaty groups.
    Nikki

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  2. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

I am very sad to hear of his passing. He was always a lot of fun to be around. I will keep his family in my prayers.

3. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

4. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

I had a great time battling with him at Xenia. I hope that where he is going his guns never jamb, his pump does so twice as hard, and his timing is perfect. The world is less for his loss. Fair winds and following seas.
    Craig

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  5. NASAAN101

Guys,
    I'm sorry.. Jennifer told me and I was in shock. This happened less then three weeks after I lost one of my dear facebook friend, to a heart attack And I'm still graveing his lost. So it say I'm heartbroken, would be a total lie.. Roland and mike, were two of my biggest mentors in this hobby..
    Nikki

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. jcollins

jcollins Active Member

We will miss you Roland! I am glad that I got to know you and help sink your Bismark a time or two. May you rest in piece as we remember the good times.

7. NASAAN101

Hey john. Did anyone tell you about this: I don't recall a lot about this battle, except that I think that the Bismarck was sabotaged at the launching pad while being launched, and sank... But Roland was able to quickly get the big guy back out in time for the start of the battle, and then at some point in this battle allowed the sabotour (yes, there talking about me) to captain the ship.. god. I'm so not going to live that down. :)
    Nikki

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  8. NASAAN101

9. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

thanks for posting Nikki

10. NASAAN101

Welcome. I need to talk about changing the may battle in his memory. What do you all think??
    Nikki

11. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

I think if we commemorate a battle for every friend that passes on we will end up running out of battles and then those who pass afterwards will have less commemoration. Perhaps better would be chipping in and rebuilding/maintaining his Bismarck for his grandson? The difference is one is saying one is doing. Which honors his memory more?

12. NASAAN101

Hey matt,
    I'll talk to jenn, when mom and i go to the memorial.. I'm planing on being with Jenn all day..
    Nikki

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020