RixMag in Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RixMag, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Mark

Mark Active Member

That ship would be excellent in 1/96 with all those guns+TT's armed:)

2. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey guys every one is right! I love the looks of the Alaska also but have been in small gun a long time and know that I would be doing a lot of patching on one. Best bet is go for an I boat perferably a Indeafeatable over the Invinceable and get use to how the game plays out. You will pick up on the different battleing styles and what kind of battler you are, and learn what you strenghts are.
    Buddy

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I agree that I-boats are ideal (I am biased :) but I can't see the advantage of building an HMS Indefatigable. They both had the same armor and same number and arrangement of guns. In fast gun, they are both 4 units and 26 sec. The Invincibles are shorter and turn better :) and there are hulls already made for Invincible on the used ship market.

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

The only advantage is in weight and internal space. I'd think that an Indefatigable would be a little easier to fit everything in to. That being said, as an Invincible driver, I'd be more then happy to go one on one with any Indefatigable out there, because I KNOW exactly how well my Invincible can turn.

That being said, for a rookie builder, I like the Indefatigable slightly better simply due to the extra room for fitting things in. Wiggle room is important to guys who have never built a combat ship before. As far as pure combat performance, I'd give the edge to the Invincible as being a slightly better ship due to its shorter length.

Mike D

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Or if you can find one, go with a South Carolina. Of course I am biased as I have one.

6. RixMag

RixMag New Member

Thanks for all the feedback!

My plans for the Konig arrived in yesterday's mail...

7. crzyhawk

I don't think that a Konig will disappoint you. Those things spin on dimes and cause utter frustration for my usually beautiful turning Invincible. They are one of few ships that can turn inside me, and they make me pay if I try to get too aggressive with them.

Mike D

8. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

awsome!!

9. RixMag

RixMag New Member

Question regarding turrents:
    -Is a 2 barrel turrent counted as 2 units only if it has a magazine capacity of 100, similarly, is the unit size determined by magazine capacity rather than barrels?

Thanks!

10. crzyhawk

A unit can be either a pump or a cannon. They can't be added together though (under IRCWCC and MWCI rules....Washington Treaty is a little more flexible), so with a 5 unit ship, the standard configuration is be 1 pump, two 1 unit stern guns in Y turret, and a side mount in each quadrant.

Mike D