Rob's Battle - 10/18

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by BoomerBoy17, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Hey guys, i attended my very first battle Saturday, and well, it was fantastic. I met, among others, Rob, Fred, Bill, Don and Chris, and learned so much.
    I was at the helm of the mighty USS Arizona in the first fight. there were no sinks, but i got a good feel for turning, and learning that, when the boat is going towards you, guns and turning are backwards(opps, i guess i shouldve seen that coming). I only gained one hole and was praised by Rob for emptying all of my magazines but one, and that was due to lack of CO2. No sinks in this one.
    My father, who also attended, was the captain for the second battle, and well, he got a few more holes. After being nicknamed "Sir Rams-a-lot" for obvious reasons, he continued on and did quiet well for himself. Chris' vdt malfunctioned in this battle, but was later restored. No sinks here, but more scary moments and questioning ones for me as i took many pictures from the sidelines. No sinks.
    The last battle had me as captain again after some water removal(can you say turkey baster?) due to a faulty pump. Also, stripped gears hurt the arizona in speed and turning, but i went out any way. I was on a roll and before you know it, Monk's Boston was on the bottom venting CO2. Monk, however was captaining a Sodak on my team. So, nar the end of the battle, with all axis ships sunk or removed from the pond, me and monk went at it. We traded what sidemounts we had left, but no no avail. Then, i lost all forward and reverse, and we called it quits.

Definitly a day to remember, and only strengthened my love for the hobby. Also, my father seems to have been hooked, or nearly hooked, so look for him to start making waves soon too.

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Glad y'all had a good time :)

3. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Arizona reports all fires are under control and making 12 knots to home port. Damage control reports gear set screw backed off one gear, other stripped. Pearl on standby with direct drive system to be installed.

4. BoomerBoy17

Good to hear Rob. My dad felt pretty bad that he hurt your ship. i told him not to worry about it, because you were changing it any way.

5. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Offical orders have been placed for the keel to be laid down next week for the New NETF USS Massachussetts

6. BoomerBoy17

7. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Nice to hear,Monk now call off those guys in the black suits at my door. Boomer, tell your dad that I expect failures like that and if he didn't break it, I would have! It was really nothing, a set screw and a gear that I already killed two years ago at the bottom of a pond. I have replacements but I also have greater plans for the fleet. Tell your dad that is nothing compared to what I can break on a ship and he is just getting a good start on Murphy's Law. Tell him she made the battle, survived a sodak pummeling and stayed afloat. That,my boy, is VICTORY AT SEA!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll switch to decafe....[^]

8. BoomerBoy17

oh, i told him most of that, but not the part that you can do worse. And yes, maybe that switch would do your already fried nerves some good. And yes, she did quite well against the SoDak, if i do say so myself

9. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

10. BoomerBoy17

It was, i will never be the same. Im hooked

11. BoomerBoy17

Yea, i know, several months due, but hey, better late then never!

[​IMG]
    Fred and the all knowing sign

[​IMG]
    my ship for the day, Rob's Arizona, thanks again Rob

[​IMG]
    Father and son in power stances

[​IMG]
    some battling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some close battling and convoy action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    close up and personal, oh yea!

[​IMG]
    engaging the enemy fleet..... or not?

[​IMG]
    Water removal, i mean, water redistribution from ship to ground.

[​IMG]
    The boston going down!

[​IMG]
    huge pump stream, very nice!

[​IMG]
    East meets West (Red Sox fan vs Yankees fan)

[​IMG]
    recovering from too much good info at once.

[​IMG]
    some of the carnage at rob's that day.

Beaver likes this.
  12. MotoPhoto

MotoPhoto Member

Wow, those are some really great pics, Boomer!

And that we know you can take such great pics I guess we'll be seeing more of them, right? ;*)

13. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I agree those are great photos, nicely done.

14. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Yes Nice indeed I will bring the sign for you next year as well just as a reminder [;)]

15. BoomerBoy17

Thanks guys, and yes, they are great pictures, and now that me and my stepmom know how to do it, it should be (hopefully) sped up.