Roma build revisted.

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Sep 22, 2008.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[:)]Guys I will be placing the Roma build here for those who are building their ships or a Roma type ship. I will start that after work or tomorrow.

[:)]

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

WHERE IS IT! I've been very patient Admiral Monkeypants! Where the heck is it! LOL Glad you are reupping those pics Curt. Shame to let all that hard work go unseen.

3. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

.... I feel a presence I have not felt since.... the last time this was up! :) Alright Curt... your audience awaits!

5. Chris Easterbrook

Star wars quotes Craig.....Hmmmmmmm.... the force is strong in you young padawan.

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

Pa-cha! Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Stick that up your force!

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sorry guys I didn't get a chance to post them. Hope to do so tonight. I did manage to get the USS TENNESSEE HULL finally cut out. Need to clean it up and adjust some of the windows. Will start posting pics soon on this.

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Awesome, it looks great. This ship is a relative to the Andrea Doria/Caio Duillio, correct? Looks good any way. cant wait to see more

9. Chris Easterbrook

Hey Curt how long was the build in total man hours?

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

A relative? All things are you know.... :) Pics... video?

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[:)]The build took about 5 wks maybe 6 tops. 3 hrs on most days others with an hr there and here and the odd day where I got in 6 or 8 hrs.

Here are the remaining photos of the build process.

12. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

so fuc$%^g sweet you do good work. love all your ships. i do copy a lot of your stuff. it looks so good thank you for all the help with the pictures. so curt its ok if you have a big head. you are # 1

13. BoomerBoy17

B.E.A.U.Tiful. Absolutely sunning work. I will be copying some of your work for sure. I dont know where you find the time to make such a beautifully modelled ship.

14. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

That is an amazing build, Curt! If it was mine I'd set it up on display in the living room and never sail it. It's just going to be criminal to have someone actually shoot BBs at it.

Owch!!!

15. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Mackster: That feeling will pass quickly, usually right after the first sink.

16. BoomerBoy17

John, is that in reference to your screen name?

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The first set of props made the model run too fast with a large wake behind it and bow wave. The 2nd set of 3 blade got it to speed but not enough wash over the rudder so the turnign was sluggish. I have photos of the current set which resolved teh speed and turning issue.
    I call them my mini -yamamtos. They are the same style I use on Yamato but 25 pitch 4 blade but smaller. They generate more than enough wash over the single rudder but I get good stopping and accelleration and rvse without overspeed and the ship maneuvers well with them. Props and rudder balance make the difference her.

I got more pics here to show.Not many more...LOL.

Tks guys glad you enjoy the pics

18. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look like that cartoon guy in one pic. The guy with only from his nose up showing with his fingers showing bent over the wall.

19. Craig

Craig Active Member

There you have it Master Yoda! The masses have spoken, now on to the next project! :) Glad to have the references up here again. Good job Curt.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The bigger pics should help with figuring out the system. Btw bb26 your ships PNEUMATICS should be setup like Romas here.