Roma build revisted.

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Sep 22, 2008.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I had a great run. A newspaper photographer came by and took pics. Get this he recognized me from 1988 when I was knee deep in the park's fountain pond. I was retreiving a 1/600 scale motorized Tirptiz that was rammed sunk by the BLUE DEVIL Linberg Destroyer. I still have that pic. The picture he took 3 days ago showed up in the local paper and of course on the internet. I took that pic and put it on my FACEBOOK so if you want to see it you can go there.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I figured out what the problem was with ROMA. Turns out the throttle servos gears were very noisy and causing glitches in the signal to the throttle. I replaced the servo with a Futaba standard servo and the glitching stopped. Tested it at various ranges using a Futaba tx and recevior with the motors and pump running. No interference. I tried the Quatro receivor as I thought it was an issue with the recevior and again perfect no glitching. The other servos didn't even budge. So it looks like I don't have to replace the Quatro receiver or TX. Going to test it this Friday.