ruder servo

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Powder Monkey, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

we touched on this in another post off topic so wanted to dive into it a little deeper I enclosed my whole rudder assemble in plexy glass box and lubed and O ringed my ruder shaft the Box is air tight my thought was this would keep it dry now I’m wondering. Okay come on this is where you bust my bubble (again) leter rip [:0]

2. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

I enclosed my whole ruder assemble in a plexy glass box all so http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/FileManager/Storage/633446753664432500.png the two brass things are my guns on my konig

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Ruder than who? Ive always thought that people who shot BBs into my ship were ruder than people who didn't :)

As for your rudder, when outside pressure gets high enough, water will come in via the stuffing tube.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm afraid that if you sink in deep water, it won't matter what way you sink. Pressure is pressure. The interior of the 'watertight' rudder box is at atmospheric pressure. Anything under the surface is a a greater pressure than that. Go deep enough, and the air in the box will get compressed. Compress it enough and the water will come in. This is not doom and gloom, he just needs to check the box for dryness after every sinking.

5. Powder Monkey

man I didn't know we had an English teacher in the hobby[:p]

6. Powder Monkey

Thanks tug but if my Rat keeps the wheel spinning I shouldn’t have to worry.[^]

7. Powder Monkey

Say joker you going to have a class on how to sink right because I probably should take it if you do[;)]

8. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I used golden rods from my waterproof box to my rudder connections. At the rudder end of the golden rods I made 2 pots out of the little plastic containers that exacto blades come in. These are filled with grease. They have not allowed water to pass through the golden rods and into the water tight box. This method has been sink tested with my Alabama a number of times over the past 6 or so battling seasons.
    Thanks,

9. U571

U571 Member

Ok what are we talking about?