Rules

Discussion in 'Big Gun Combat Warship International' started by crzyhawk, May 14, 2009.

1. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

They allow hypothetical ships mentioned in Conways. They have completely different pumping regulations. Their rib spacing is slightly different as well as their impenenetrable area starts at 60deg instead of 45.

2. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Actually, NABGO is the Big Gun equivalent of IRCWCCC and MWC Nationals, Mike.
    Since 2005, it is the only National Namba sanctioned event for Big Gun, and is both a BGCWI and NAMBA sanctioned event. In fact, courtesy of the AUSBG, NABGO is allowed to host the AUSBG World Chappionships in even numbered years (so you get a 2 fer one). NABGO has seen captains from both coasts, and some clubs make it a regular staple for their battling diet.
    As for how differences in construction rules are dealt with, most clubs are close enough to compete with no construction changes - primarily only potential operational changes are called for.
    Cheers,

3. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Well said Wreno. Glad to see you on here:)

4. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Of course, the AusBG claims the world championship in odd numbered years. Which males it a true world championship, as it involves both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

5. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Darren is absolutely correct.

The AUSBG founded the World Championships 11 years ago, I believe, and, after NABGO got going regularly, was kind enough to allow NABGO to host their (the AUSBG's) event at the NABGO venue in even years to allow more captains to claim a World Champion title (I got World Champion Most Sunk a few years back...). Sadly, no medals for me this year. Regardless of the venue, it is still the AUSBG World Championships.

Cheers,