Run the Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Scenarios / Gameplay' started by Cannonman, May 9, 2015.

1. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Based on the fact that many people new to the site seem to have an uncanny desire to see missiles fired, ships blown to smithereens, explosive devices, ships blown to smithereens, projectiles with scale warheads attached, ships blown to smithereens, etc etc, I decided to propose a new gameplay scenario that would cut to the chase. Let me know what you guys think and if it is possible. I have two trains of thought, both to be called Run the Gauntlet:

Both scenarios start out the same. First, club members each spend about $1000 and a few months building an awesome new RC warship that is armed and can be sunk and recovered, as well as being capable of being repaired and put back into battle. Sounds familiar right? Then to make it "more fun" we could do one of two things.:

1) Each member takes a turn trying to "Run the Gauntlet" by placing his ship in the water, and attempting to drive it from one end of the pond to the other. All the other club members could be armed with a rifle or shotgun of their choosing, and fire on the ship as it trys to make it's pass. Although all ships would be destroyed, the winner would be determined by figuring out who had the largest or most pieces of their ship left intact. Scores could be assigned based on size of ship remnants, as well as a multiplier for how far one got across the pond.

2) Since the first scenario I proposed could be considered too dangerous, I have carefully devised a safer version, which should maybe be called "Get run by the Gauntlet". In this scenario, each captain would place his or her ship on a sturdy table. Then all other members could take turns smashing it with a hammer of their choosing. Points could be awarded similar to above, with points granted based on largest intact piece of warship, with a multiplier for number of hammer strikes.

Of course, for safeties sake, safety glasses would be required to participate in, or observe the mayhem.

Sorry guys, I could no longer resist posting a tongue in cheek suggestion for gameplay. You may now return to your more sane methods of combat.

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Lol!!!! :laugh:

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

I'm guessing actual artillery cannons are a no go since you only specified rifles and shotguns?

4. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

That's funny. Sounds like almost every single first post on the forum....

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

You forgot to add how much better the hobby would be if we did this... how many new guys we would get...

NickMyers likes this.
  6. Cannonman

I don't see why these couldn't be added, provided the following rule change were made:

Of course, for safeties sake, safety glasses AND HEARING PROTECTION would be required to participate in, or observe the mayhem.

7. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Hey, maybe depth charges and mines could be incorporated. Or you could just chuck M-80's at them. No need to make sound effects with your mouth anymore. :)
    This is starting to sound fun....:rolleyes:

Anachronus likes this.
  8. Cannonman

DOH!! Of course!!!I should have started like this:

I am new to this hobby, and as awesome as it looks, I have a few suggestions that would make it even better. It seems like every one of you guys in the hobby have overlooked the obvious here, so here is what we should do to make it exponentially more fun, and grow the hobby at an unprecedented rate........

9. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

As a vendor, I fully support this! Sounds like a great plan for recurring revenue. I vote for a three sortie minimum.

Anachronus, WillCover and Cannonman like this.
  10. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

There's still time to learn about the edit button

11. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

But where is the fire?

12. Cannonman

Yes, there must be fire...... fire always makes it better. I think to take the hobby to the next level, we should add a weak bladder (maybe a ziploc bag) full of flammable liquid, and fire some incendiary devices at it to break the bladder and start a fire on the water surface. The incendiary device could be fired from a ship or shore, it doesn't matter as long as something catches fire and a ship is destroyed. To be environmentally responsible, the flammable liquid should be vegetable oil or something of that effect. What do you guys think????? Is this possible????

13. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I would say that it sounds like a great idea in the spirit of 'I'll Rochambeau you for it.'... Cannonman, I'm, ah, still getting my boat ready, but the Mossberg is good to go! You go first and I'll get my boat ready after we do yours ;) ;) ;)

Cannonman likes this.
  14. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

No, you have to put the bladder of inflammable liquid inside the ship!
    Incendiary tracer rounds will suffice to ignite it and with a judicious amount of black powder in a secondary bag bonus points could be earned by how high components of the ship fly, and how far.

Cannonman likes this.
  15. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

Gas powered chipper-shredder on a barge...cross over game…planet eater …balsa eater… From startrek….cool man..

then set it on fire..

Anachronus likes this.