Running the Tennessee

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Sep 11, 2013.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I had the Tennessee out at the grove this afternoon. The run was stopped after about a half an hour. The rudder arm popped out and I didn't have tools at pond side to repair. I have made a small repair and tommorow will be another run. I will take some pics as well.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Lucky you were able to get the model in without a rudder. Glad you have it back safe and sound. Now check the rest of your systems before your next run. Looking forward to seeing the pics Captain.

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I found out what the issue was. the rod connecting the rudder to servo popped out. I used a plyer to secure it. I should have a better run tommorow.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Excellent. Awaiting the spy reports.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The run today went well until I struck a rock and lost a prop blade. All of a sudden the ship bumped up and then speed just dropped. I pulled the boat in and one prop plade was gone. It was a nice clean break. So I will have to get some replacement props this winter.

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

losing a single blade normally wont kill your speed. the decreased motor load usually results in higher rpm which mostly compensates. Did you check to see if the rockstrike broke a set screw for a gear or prop loose?

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I checked. When I hauled out the boat I checked to see that both sets of props were running. It wasn't that it was crawling but I did notice a decrease in speed and the way it turned seemed funny. So i checked the motor connections to the prop shafts and they appear to be secure.

8. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

not doubting you, but to share my experience - i have had set screws loosen just enough that out of the water they have turned the shaft but in the water they have slipped the majority of the time. I've had several battles this year where I've had that occur, finally got smart and loctited everything :D

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I like to have spare props with me for my runs. I carry a small plastic tray with spare props.