San Antonio beginners questions

Discussion in 'Texas Naval Brigade' started by Crudercjm, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Crudercjm

Crudercjm New Member

Hello my name is Chris, my father and I are interested in starting the hobby. We are intrested in 1/96 and 1/144 scale respectively. Is there any lical meet ups in the immediate san antonio area? Thank yall fir your time.

2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

I dont kbow how many guys are local to you but I am in Ok near Broken Bow. There is a yearly event in La near New Orleans. Havent heard much from the texas guys lately.

I travel as far as Atlanta and Dayton OH to fight my ships. We are all pretty spread out so travel is almost a requirement. At least for most of us.

3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

We don't have anyone in San Antonio yet, but we do in Corpus, Houston, Dallas, and Abiline. We host an event in Boutte LA each year and will have local events at Bomber Field in Monaville TX which is not a bad drive from San Antonio. I am going out to work on boats at Ted's and Doug's this weekend to get ready for the LA event.

I will send you a private message with my info so we can work out a time to come see us.

J

6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

We are only 5 hours from Broken Bow, you should come down and battle with us. The Brouhaha is only 7 hours from you .. not a long drive at all, still time to register and attend.

7. rcaircraftnut

You gius are using Bomber? I heard different. Not trying to start anything just get my facts strait. I have friends in Hoiston and was planning to attend an event or two at Bomber this year for airplanes. May take the triplane out there IDK.

8. rcaircraftnut

I hate typing on this phone lol.

9. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Yes we have been mowing and such and got off to a slow start last year but we fixed the water lines out there, mostly rebuilt the shed, and already held an event. We will most likely have an event in mid-April out there.

Check out our facebook page and look at past events and photos to see the pond out there.

10. rcaircraftnut

Seen it. Had to fish a buddy out of it at 4:00 drunk as he fell out of the canue he passed out in lol.

11. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Seriously the Brouaha is a great event and at 20 boats so far.. with it only being 7 hours .. its a bargain!!! Come on out!

12. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

whoa.. wild night!

13. rcaircraftnut

What happens at a Pro Bro stays.......
    To publicly humiliate you FOREVER!!!! Hahahaha!

14. rcaircraftnut

There will never be another Houston Pro Bro event at Bomber and most likely anywhere else. Most of the guys have moved on to other things. That happened at the last one ever held. Sad really. Lots of fun for everyone.