Saturday build session!!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

This weekend's build session will be on SATURDAY, 29 MAR 2014!!! Not on Sunday! The Elder Scrolls Online goes live on Sunday at 0700 and I will be full-on nerding all day long on Sunday. :cool:

I will be in the shop all day on Saturday, though. Got two boats on the cusp of being operational (Malaya and Evstafi). David Winnette will be there working on his SoDak. Brian K will be skipping town for family stuff, so without him to rein me in, I fully expect to make headway on building the Swiss predread that I keep threatening to build!

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

ESO .... yesssssss!

3. Tugboat

I've been in the permanent test server group for 4 months (secret test server that's up 24/7, not just on weekends). It is totally awesome, and the awesome was not fully reflected in the one-weekend-per-month Closed Beta servers... So if you've read reviews talking about lots of glitches and quest bugs, rest assured that's not what's about to go live :) I've been bug-hunting for 4 months with a small group of people who had access :) The game is worth the $60 plus $15/mon, and I haven't been a fan of subscription MMOs ever, until now.

Brian Koehler joined the PTS group a few weeks ago, and was rapidly convinced :)

So if anyone plays, let me know when you get in! My handle in-game is @chan.

In boat-related news, I expect my parts from Pololu to arrive Friday, which will allow me to wire up Evstafi's solenoids and fire the guns!

4. Anachronus

I expect bugginess, there has never been an MMO with out it. I stayed away from the beta testing as to not spoil the experience of a new game. Sorry for the thread hijacking...back to boaty things. :D

5. Tugboat

Heh. Seriously, I will be in-game from 0700 Sunday thru whatever time I fall asleep at the keyboard :)

6. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I did the last couple Beta weekends and have to say that ESO looks very promising ... enough that I prepurchased it. :) So yes, Sunday late morning will find me before the monitor logging into ESO. :)

7. Tugboat

If you're looking for a clan/guild, The Art of Warfare is recruiting, mandatories are Sunday night 8-10PM Eastern time :)

Having played the Permanent Test Server the last 4 months, I promise that the game you will be logging in to will be considerably smoother than the Closed Beta Weekends, which were not the least-buggy build, but rather solely for load testing.

8. Tugboat

J, are you in-game?

9. Anachronus

I was. It was getting flaky so I gave it a rest.

Played several hours today though, still undecided about the game as a whole, very much decided that I don't like the UI. I do love the crafting system though.

10. Tugboat

I played 16 hours, not counting breaks for biological imperatives, both human and cat. (The cats know that if they lay on the keyboard, that I can't play and will get up and feed them). The flakiness should pass. Key thing is to get out of the beginner areas before the 5-day head start is expired and more people come in. My clan (multigaming clan) has a division for ESO (hence, we were picked to be super-beta-testers for the last 4 months). We had 70 people playing in various factions, and I wound up being made guildmaster of the crafting guild. So I only made level 10, but I got LOTS of materials gathered and lots of crafting done. I'm doing Tailor (light and medium armor), and we've got just about all the specialties covered. We got a special perk for the lengthy beta testing, and were notified that the servers would be up and playable at 0600 EDT vice 0700 EDT that everyone else got told. I think word got out, but not too many people knew :)

I'll be on tonight if you want to whisper in-game. My handle is @chan.

11. Anachronus

Cool, I've gone Tailoring as well. Luinil is my elf.

I do like the story and as an altaholic I will see it from all three points of view.

12. Tugboat

Indeed. While beta-testing, I only did the Aldmeri side, preserving the other two for when it went live. I'll embrace the other two after I get my Tailor levelled. If you need weapons or glyphs let me know in-game and I'll get one of my bubbas to make them.

If you're not in a guild, TAW (The Art of Warfare) is recruiting :) We have a mandatory once a week on Sunday night from 8-10 Eastern time. Very low drama, high relaxation. We just limit cursing, and talk of politics, religion, and hot-button stuff. Brian Koehler is also a member, his in-game name is @madscience.

I'm doing a wood-elf templar with a bow, going very heavily on the bow and running medium armor for the crits. Not so much magicka use, just enough to have minor healing capability, and the first sun attack that they get that also slows the targets. Very useful for archers :)

13. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Yup, spent around 7'ish hours running around as a wood elf in ESO on Sunday. Liking it so far and seriously thinking of finally closing the WoW account. Heh.

The crafting is great. I took up cooking (with brewing) which offer some great buffs to stats and stats regeneration. Currently lvl 7 and will keep in mind to try to get out of the newbie area this week (though not likely).

Some downsides so far: one bugged quest that cannot be completed (yet), native resolution is not 1080p, and you bounce off hedges as if they were brick walls. Oh, and no thieves guild yet until (reportedly) ESO go live for everyone.

14. Anachronus

From what I understand you can be in 3 guilds. Since I never pvp that should present no problems for me.

15. Tugboat

You can be in 5(FIVE) player guilds. You can also join all the NPC-run guilds (Mages, Fighters, Undaunted, Thieves, and that other one that I forget the name of)

16. Tugboat

Mike, which quest is bugged for you?

17. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

This sounds like a ton of fun, but I don't think I'd be able to make your guild's mandatory meetings from 20,000 leagues under the sea :(

18. Anachronus

I know the Frog Race is still bugged. A lot of them depend on the amount of people in that particular area at the time. Many annoying aspects yet, I still play.

19. Tugboat

Carl, we have several military members and we make allowances for deploying, underways, duty, etc. If it's not your thing, I'll still play with you and craft stuff for you :)

J, blow off the frog race. It means nothing in the bigger story so far I was able to tell, and it doesn't come up again, at least through level 35.