Scuttlebut Session and general Questions

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by Powder Monkey, Jun 2, 2008.

1. EricMA

EricMA Member

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Ya the des moines is the ship class. As far as moving well I don''t think I will ever be finished moving. Both ships and work bench are at my father-in-law's house still waiting to be moved. shoould be after the 4th then I can start working on it again

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Hey news Monk? And yea, i thought they were DesMoines class ships.

3. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions thats great get a move on need the help [:p]

4. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions remember my shop is always open

5. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Who are you talking to monk?

6. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions any NETF members who want to build [:D]

7. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions oh, i guess im not included then[:(]. haha, no i wouldnt cuz i dont have a hull or plans, so i wouldnt be there for a while.

8. EricMA

EricMA Member

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Hey Boomer
    I have an extra set of Des Moines plans if you need some and plan on building from scratch. They are very good plans.

9. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Thanks Eric, i will most likely use the hull from BC however, but that would be very nice. I may, in the future make my own hull, and if i did, i would do it like the Bearn that Mike made in this forum. i drew a lot of inspiration from that topic.

10. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions hey Eric im in full swing refitting for NATS but any time you get your stuff let me know i can give you a hand after this week

11. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions no boomer it would include you when you and your dad are ready to roll just give us a shout

12. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Speaking of dad how is he on the subject, is he for this, with this, or against this? any chance he would build us old farts could use the company [:D]

13. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions My dad is really interested, but he is also cautious. We couldnt start until we get a hull. i mean i could buy the balsa for it and go for it, but he also wants to at least go to a battle or build session before he is really going to get into it. And he might, but at first it would be our ship. I am really interested in the LST-542 as my first, just to have a build under my belt. then i would go for a Des moines (because BC has so much for it) it would be a simple first build. then probably a North Carolina, maybe a Rechilieu(nothing like dual side mounts in each main cannon, and the idea of that and 2 pumps is quiet the idea, i think). But yea, he is very interested, and i am sure he would get along with you guys.

14. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions Well every thing that is on my ship came from BC so I wouldn’t worry on that and I will be casting turrets after NATS for Baltimore class.
    Des Moines is a good ship but well we killed that already in another thread any who I still say (speaking from experience) with our group remember most of these guys are not from our Club different ideas all over here so listen and twist them to our rules. I would build a fighting ship you will only get 2 runs in a week with your LST and that is at NATS other battles probably none so chose wisely like I said my kid was bummed spending all that time and so little use. The extra cost of a bottle and guns is minimal compared to the use you will get out of it NATS $150. For a week of camping and two battles compared to 4 sorties a day with a fighting ship do the math .sorry to keep harping on this but like I said my kid was bummed don’t you be. Forewarned is forearmed no pun intended . [:D]

15. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions I am glad to hear you are casting them, but especially since it is a smaller ship, the LST will cost even less then just the cost of cannons and CO2. Also, this is a ship, that if i dont end up staying with the hobby, that i can drive around without too much modification. and like i said, i most likely wont be joining until next year, during which time i might build a warship. Also, this will be my test bed, to see if how i build is correct, i really dont want my first ship to be shot and have structural problems.

16. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions [:p]

17. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions yea?

18. Powder Monkey

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions hey eric you see i got a Iowa on the way you will need to upgrade before you are done lets move boy [;)]

19. BoomerBoy17

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions im thinking of scratch building a Suffren, just so ya know. Not a permanent idea, but one that i can most likely get moving much quicker

20. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

RE: Bull Sesion and general Questions IRC site is at www.ircwcc.org for the rules

www.ircwcc.com is out of date at the moment.