Shearwater show

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Mar 27, 2009.

1. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Well, I keep trying to load a few pics I took today, I hit the 'select a file' button and select the photo, but it keeps telling me there is an error on the page???? I'm using my own HMCS folder.

John and Ian were also taking pictures so maybe they'll have better luck.

2. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Well its over. A good show with lots of interest. I thought at first the att. was down but Doug says it was actualy up from last year. Today saw Ralph / Jay / Me / Rob C./ Steve Hill / Paul / Ian / Scott / Bob and our new member Dave. All people coming and going through the day. Some ships moved around as well... Magomi came back to me after a trade with Mike Bowes for a Yamoto hull... New jersey for a Z class DD. and The Newfoundland is gone again, for good this time. All and all a very good show.
    I will try and post some pics but it may take a while,
    Thanks to all

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Pleanty of upside to this event. A lot of questions were asked. The firing box garnered a lot of attention. You could definately hear the cannons fire. I have some pictures.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Are those decals for the deck number on that Sangamon class CVE? If so, where can I get some? I'll need to do the numbers on the Belleau Wood, but my painting skills are not up to the task.

5. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

I like the big arrow on Shinano so the pilots know which way to takeoff.

6. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

The numbers on the Sangamon are painted on far as I can tell. Eric was the one that put them there so I don't know if he used some kind of pattern or not.Nice neat job though.

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been thinking about that, it would seem a pattern would be the way to do something like that.

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

What about model aircraft decals. Would they be large enough?

9. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

It would depend on the size of the decal. There is a place in Halifax that can make decals but the name has slipped my mind at the moment.

10. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

You can buy blank sheets of decal paper and print your own using a computer and a colour printer.