Shearwater

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by sinkin321, Jan 25, 2010.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Does anyone have a good DVD or VHS tape that we acn put on at the shows this year, The ones that i have are now fuzzy and getting warn from using them and the quality is gone. let me know and i can pick it up before the show

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I have some some DVD's for 2 cannats and from last year's IRCWCC NATS. I can burn you some disks if you want John

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I have two disks burned off for you. It should be a total of 4 disks. There may be 5 if I can find another disk.

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I do believe that I have one or two at the house too...and now that the Shearwater show is not THIS weekend, I will have plenty of time to find it.
    J

5. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Thanks Paul I will contact you and pick them up

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Ok now we have tv/dvd / boats of all kinds and stages of canstruction / signs, lables and pictures / tables and tablecloths / co2 and bottles / firing box - and acording to Doug Murry cavlar vests for the nun i shot last year /
    can anyone think of anything else we need besides people. i have a list of who can't make it but i need a list of who can and when

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I can attend on saturday the10th

8. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

picked up the firing box yesterday from Jay and it is now set up with 1 - 50 round single, 2 - 75 round duals, and one 25 round spurt gun. All guns fire hard, fast and consistant. Th e spurt should make for a great demo as it will sread 1/8 inch balsa to bits.

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

When do you want to pick up the DVD's John? I will be away from the 1st until early on the 9th of April. If you send me your address i will drop them off in the mail.

10. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I can't man the Shearwater display. The roof has sprung a leak that I need to find and fix this weekend. Don't know how long that chore will take. Numerous other spring chores have prevented work on the Minoatur which is apart for BB cannon repairs and unfit to display. Might be able to drop off HMS Gorgon, which is battle ready.
    Bob

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Now that I am back in NS, what time to appear for the shearwater show?

12. Jay Jennings

Sorry to hear about your roof Bob, I can sympathize. Just had to do mine. If you need to have your roof redone, Amigos roofing did an excellent job on mine and at a good price.
    J

13. Jay Jennings

Hi Paul, how was your trip? We will be there for between 0800 and 0830 on Sat. If you can bring a DVD or two that would be awesome, we can't find the ones we had.
    J

14. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Day 1 of the Shearwater show has been completed. Not as big of a crowd as the year before. This year we were located between the tracker and the BANSHEE. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Yes the crowds were down but it was a nice break for the afternoon. We were told but the director of the museum that we were the " best part" of the show for the base comanders son out of all the displays. There also was not as many displays this year do to the restriction of space, which will be worse next year, I mean how many airplanes do the really need in an aviation museum - you see one it has wings and will fly and the next one has wings and will fly so they really only need one.
    I think the firing box is the real grabber at the show though. with the coffee cups riped apart Jay put the pop cans in play and they were basicly shreaded in seconds, also a great way to test Scharnies guns while there. Sunday is normally the bizzy day so we will see how it goes

16. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

So how did Sunday go?

17. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Well its over and done. small crowds, lots of interest and lots of bbs fired. We worked on the guns to twicked them, Steve Crane worked on the Nagato and fixed a few problems and before you know it we were packed up and on the way home. I found a way to use the 4oz capsuals from walmart with a valve from banchie in the Roberts so there is my back up for the year.