Ship List Information

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Anachronus, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I pulled the speed list from the NTXBG site. It gives the minimum speed of 22 knots. I will follow their rules and boost the speed of any ship below that to 22 knots. The speed on the chart will be in seconds/100 ft.

Pax,
    A.

2. Anachronus

On another note I am including ships launched between 1905 and 1945. This means I am including classes that straddle the line. Any class with members launched between 1/1/1905 and 12/31/1945 is going to go in.

Admittedly this is so I can have more predreadnoughts to play with. It's only fair to let people know about this quirk of the list maker. [;)]

Pax,
    A.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

That's fine by me :)

4. Robert Clarke

Robert Clarke Member

Gotta love those old ships.

5. Anachronus

Exactly so...I drive by the bow scroll of the old USS Louisiana (BB19) every day on the way to work.

Pax,
    A.

6. Tugboat

Actually, I have several pages of plans for USS Georgia BB-15 coming from the Archives :) And some microfilm :)

Anybody wanna see superposed 12"/8" turrets?

7. Robert Clarke

Robert Clarke Member

Sigh....I have plans for a couple of pre-dreadnoughts, but I haven't had much luck finding plans for US ships of this era. I built a USS Mississippi in 1:144, but it wasn't an immediate success, and I gave up too soon. It might work in 1:96, but the plan isn't the greatest and involved a good deal of ummm....interpolation. I don't think it would scale to 1:96

I do have a decent plan for the Russian Evstafi, which is the same size. I also have a decent plan for the Tsarivich, but it falls short of the date range.
    I also have some decent paper models of the Deutchland and Andrei Per????sky which should work too.

I have a 1:96 plans for HMS Lord Nelson and I also found plans for some French predreadnoughts here:
    http://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/listebato/listebato.php

Sigh....So many cool ships....so little time....

8. Anachronus

Those would interesting to say the least.

Pax,
    A.

9. Anachronus

I am getting a Conneticutt worked up with an eye for trying it under the Treaty combat rules. I think a Mississippi could work but I don't think it would be easy.

Pax,
    A.

10. Tugboat

Well, if you decide to try, I can send you the phone number of the guy to talk to at the Archives for old ship plans.

11. Anachronus

A bit of an update on progress.
    I have completed Conways 1860-1905 and 1906-1922 volumes. Working on the last one now. I have also added a column for the trial speed of each class. Work on this got a bit side tracked in May and the end of the semester but now that June has come, I should have a bit more free time.

Pax,
    A.

12. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

I have been looking for plans for the Russian Evstafi for a bit now. Robert can you tell me where you found them? Thanks