Ship Recovery

Discussion in 'General' started by Powder Monkey, Jul 2, 2008.

1. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Ill try John, but it will be quiet saddening, not looking forward to near-death experiences. and Dj, in fact, it is two air bags on the bow that inflate simotaneously.

2. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

I will need the Dolly Parton size for my Iowa [;)]

3. BoomerBoy17

No, you sick country boy, you need Pamels anderson size for that big ship

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

If you think Pam is bigger than Dolly, you aren't looking at boobies nearly enough :)

5. BoomerBoy17

Your right, thats what I have a girlfriend for. All of you sick, old men and your perersions, ha ha ha. And besides, i thought silicon was had more floating potential then fat, and skin. Also, Tug, i sent you an email(not pertaining to this subject though), just to let you know. how is work going?

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

There's no minimum age for being perverted MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back on topic though, Powder Monkey, would you be so kind as to post the video of your ship sinking in this thread? I believe a closer look at that video may reveal why your float failed and what you can do to improve your reliability. From what I saw, it looked like your cruiser flopped over on its side, and then stayed there all the way down. That's a very unhealthy way to sink, so you may find that your current float works just fine if you fix the way your boat sinks.

7. Powder Monkey

Well actually I will post the live footage no music so you can hear her last defiant shot. she flopped over so hard mostly because I knew she was going down and wanted one last shoot so a banked hard to get my stern gun on to him and she rolled over but than righted as she waved with her bow before sliding backwards.[V]

As for what went wrong the floats took off perfect however I used to big of line and it tangled below deck around the 4 inch mark I got her up by hitting the float with a rake handle and it shot to the surface well close enough for me to reach it from the boat

8. Powder Monkey

Below is my answer I hope I plan on attaching the Stack to the roller with 12 ft of cloth fishing line 20lb test this will hopefully cure my trouble we shall see nothing ventured nothing gained

[​IMG]

this will of course be cleaned up it was just manufactured so don’t mind the mess

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Powder Monkey

un edited listen for that last shot [^]
    http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z12/powdermonkey8/USS%20Boston/?action=view&current=Picture038-1.flv

10. BoomerBoy17

Monk, that looks good, maybe it will work. Hope for the best. You might want to test in your topsecret testing grounds NAMCOPOOL, and work out the kinks. And Kotori, there is n minimum age, your right, but there should be a maximum age, and i think some of the people on this site exceed that 'golden' number

11. Powder Monkey

Im sur it will get tested many times next week [:D]

12. BoomerBoy17

Dont get down on yourself monk, im sure ull do just fine

13. Powder Monkey

I'm not down just stateing a fact I don't mind sinking its part of the game

14. BoomerBoy17

i know, but if you hope for the best, and prepare for the worst all will go well. But if youve already given up in ur head now, uve already lost. Think positive. [:D]

15. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

As nice as it is to sail back into port saying "you should'a seen the other guy!", even that doesn't quite match the experience of sleeping with the fishies on a bed of the shattered and broken hulls of your defeated enemies. A little prickly if you land on a mast, but very satisfying.

16. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Only if you didn't sink due to getting tangled on your victim's float line whilst doing a "victory lap", that's just embarrassing. Trust me on this.

17. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

lol ... ouch i bet

18. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Powder,

Your reel looks ok. The only thing I do different is send the whole superstructure to the surface, have the reel tied to the ship. It is kinda like lowering the ship to the bottom. My alabama test worked perfect, my saratoga sink was the same. Have the float part very large and packed with foam to force the top to stay on the surface. My whole superstructure is foam and sits on the deck. I'll post the clip when I recieve it.

Rob A.

19. Powder Monkey

Her you go Rob

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z12/powdermonkey8/?action=view&current=RobSinks.flv

I think I will go that way next time thanks [:D]

20. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

That's the one. Thanks, powder