Ship Status

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by crzyhawk, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Crispin

Crispin Member

Well,as it stands..I am still in the planning phase...2 New Orleans Class Heavy Cruiser's and I would assume, Mike based on our discussion I will be building one big gun, one fast(treaty rules)gun...as I understood it...seems I will put the priority on the treaty boat first....a simple matter of economy and learning curve...until then I will assume the role of humble student

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Mikey-

I think the stern gun use will be determined a lot by the speed of the ship. The fast ships will be chasers, and the slower ones would be chasees. I am not sure how useful that bow chaser would be. In the case of the Nelson, I think I'd go dual sides on each side and either dual pumps OR split that last unit for dual 75 round sides on one side, and try to find me a nice Bismarck or Yamato to snuggle with. The Nelson will probably never be trying to chase someone down at 23 knots, nor with dual sides will she ever want to turn away from another battleship (with only two props she probably won't turn well anyways) so you might as well maximize sidemount damage (dual 75 round sides) or the ability to TAKE sidemount damage (dual pumps) and just just try to slug it out with everything in sight.

I rather see Nelsons as the ultimate barroom brawler, and that's how I'd set one up.

Good Mike

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

NABS up here had an HMS Nelson. From what I hear it was pretty deadly with the dual sidemounts.Especially once it got the 50% extra rudder. I thought somebody said it turned almost as good as a QE with the extra rudder size.

4. Crispin

Crispin Member

Gentlemen I am Proud to anounce that the USS San Francisco CA-38 Has begun initial constuction ....I.E. makin patterns...I love the Lexmark all in one home unit ...many copies...many..that is my report respectfully, Raymond George Bisson

5. Crispin

Crispin Member

I hate typos Makes me look like an Idiot

6. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Crispin
    It is a great thing to hear that someone is building cruisers again.
    Keep us posted.
    Mikey

7. froggyfrenchman

All
    Jeff Carpenter has transfered his battlecruiser Renoun to a shipyard in Ohio for final fitting out.
    This fine British ship will be ready for action in July, and will then return to Lexington for service in that theater of opperations.
    Mikey

8. froggyfrenchman

All
    I got sidetracked big-time with the Renoun refit. I am just now starting to get her ready for sea trials. No other internals installed at this time. I hope to have her at the battle coming up in the Cinci area for sea trials, and then enter into combat with her at our fall event.
    I will post photos, and up-dates.

Strasbourg will be ready for action again after this coming weekend.
    Mikey