Shop Cam/Chat Session

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by bsgkid117, Jun 14, 2024.

1. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hey guys, working on Bart in the garage to prep for NATs. Have the shopcam setup and am streaming over on the discord channel.

https://discord.gg/63eBX5qH

-WT

2. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Can't jump on right but can you do more this? Its a great idea. I think it gives people an idea what "working" on a boat looks like. For those of use who don't already know.

bsgkid117 likes this.
  3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I need a better setup for the camera, right now its a wooden dowel clamped to my laptop haha but sure I could see about doing maybe like a every other week shopcam session.

4. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Gangbusters! Looking forward to it.
    Have you tried doing the video through your phone or tablet? Might be easier to place.

5. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I have, the issue is getting a good "workbench" perspective.

If we wanna do this semi regularly, I'll go through the effort to setup OBS and actually mount a few of the C270 webcams that I've taken home from work (they're surplus/trash from the COVID days). That way theres decent views of my two workstations + me/anyone else who's in the shop.

The other issue is timezones, I'm EST and you're the other coast so if I start at 9pm you'll be joining at dinner time basically. But, I could probably do something like every other friday night or something like that. I know the Hayes-Andrews shipyard in Maryland regularly meets up on Friday evenings, and I've already talked with Steve about gifting him a minipc I have laying around that he could set up with his shop TV and one of these surplus webcams.

Let me know what works for the public, everyone feel free to chime in.

tgalx3 likes this.
  6. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hey all,

Going to do the first official SJS GarageStream this friday 7/12/24 starting at 7PM EST. I beefed up my networking in the garage to a steady 300mbps, got a nice overhead mounted workbench cam, and have figured out how to use OBS to composite the overhead cam and the facecam together so you can see me AND what I'm working on.

Feel free to join in.

-WT

tgalx3 likes this.
  7. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Very cool. Helps me get my boat fix when I’m not working on my own.

8. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

A little behind schedule but we are live on the discord channel for a few hours!

9. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

First garage stream was a fun little event. I have some bugs to work out on the multiple camera stream but otherwise had a great little conversation about proper battery care and maintenance.

Next session will be Friday 7/26, once again starting around 7~ PM EST.

tgalx3 likes this.
  10. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

What’s the link to the video??
    Nikki

11. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hey all,

Tonight's shopcam session is postponed. We will start fresh in August. Had a rough week at work and came home to basically go straight to bed. See you all next Friday.

-WT

12. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hi all,

I am online and streaming for tonights shopcam session. Will hang out until 9:30-45 EST if nobody hops on I'll call it a night. Not really working on much except cleaning, but can provide boat advice and discuss builds etc.