SJS 3D Malaya

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by vicious p, Sep 14, 2023.

1. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

IMG_6368.jpeg
    single line from the regulator to the pictured two y-splitters.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  2. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, you really need to run 2 lines for as long as possible. Your pressure drop when firing rapid will ne very noticeable. Or at a minimum get some expansion tanks. Both would be optimal.

3. vicious p

I do not disagree with you on that, I will do plenty more testing and probably a few more changes before the battle in the boro.

Nomercy likes this.
  4. vicious p

Well the boat did well in statesboro I made every sortie with the exception of the second battle Sunday since I left early to get home. Guns all fired reliably I didn’t touch them after dialing them in Thursday morning. The boat seemed very effective, turned well took damage and dished it out and survived without sinking though I did get close once eating a lot of doubles and triples in the last sortie Saturday.

Special thanks to Will at SJS as I literally did nothing special to the boat other than build it in working order as it is layed out to be done and I have nothing negative to say about these kits. Huge time savings building and guess work is taken out cutting ribs and installing components.

I will say I was very happy with my first ever guns I built. They shot better than anything I’ve ever had, not saying they are the best but me tinkering with them for weeks in and out of the boat making sure everything was right as far as feeding, piston height at the up position when the cannon is fired, and then how low it sits at rest cannot be over looked! I have a pretty good understanding how they work now so after rebuilding each one of them multiple times to get reliable cycles before I put them in the boat and called them done helped a lot.

Boat is no longer pretty anymore and is full of holes but is now a battle tested ship and I couldn’t be happier I went this route.

IMG_6651.jpeg
    IMG_6653.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg
    IMG_6661.jpeg

Also played a lot with this Baden over the weekend, have to share some good holes I got one sortie with the haymaker.

IMG_6656.jpeg

Here she is hanging out till I get a chance to patch some holes and replace some panels and add fresh paint.

IMG_6678.jpeg

I about forgot I did have a gun board failure Sunday after lots of water in the boat Saturday. I was able to switch to a spare in seconds with no tools since everything is plug and replace. I will now start coating them in epoxy since my conformal coating must have worn out. Other than that solid boat and a good time hope I can make some more events this year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  5. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

The boat performed very good. It was a blast to shoot at.

Panzer and notSoGnarly like this.
  6. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Malaya looked awesome out there and was one of the boats to avoid if possible. When not possible, you knew you were in for a trade...not an easy kill.

It makes me very happy that you are enjoying her so much. Only time will truly tell if this is the future for the hobby, but if it is, it's looking real good.

notSoGnarly and Panzer like this.
  7. vicious p

Thanks for the kind words guys, tried really hard to show up and do the well thought out kit justice. Now I just need to clear some dates so I can make some more events and figure out which kit to do next so I have a backup.