Smack Thread

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Chris Easterbrook, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hello all I was thinking how much fun we have with our assorted smack threads and it is time for a new one.
    Is there any allies out there?............​

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It is hard to say if there are any allies out there. My working boat is an Axis boat. I am feeling the pull towards the dark side.

3. Chris Easterbrook

Is it not a great feeling Paul.

4. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

We will see when I start working on the allied boats again

5. Chris Easterbrook

Allies now that you have seen the one true path, you make work on a alllied boat but your heart is axis.

6. bayruun

bayruun Member

What ho, Kraut chaps! Since Craig has already declared me "English", I should at least live up to such a distinguished title. Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves!

7. Chris Easterbrook

Ahhh fresh meat for the grinder, Bob you poor allied scum you will make the walk of shame many times this season. It is good to see you getting into the spirit of it.

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Bayruun, axis ships are at least 10 times better then allied ships, I think you and your British title, should go home, drink some tea, eat some crumpets and think they whole, "allied" thing over.

9. bayruun

bayruun Member

Some chaps have to sail for goodness and niceness, and one of those chaps is I. Besides, why would I want to sail a vessel from a nation with no tradition for sailing? Surely merely being British makes my ship better in every way.

10. BoomerBoy17

So, Germany has no tradition for sailing? Im guessing that its due to the fact that as a country, they didn't live off the pillaged goods, blood, sweat and tears of nearly half the world. Also, since they don't really have great access to water, they developed a great arm, which was used to destroy Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo (Go Prussians!!!). And please, niceness (which isnt a word) is overrated.

11. bayruun

bayruun Member

Please, we all know that Napoleon was defeated primarily by the British and Wellington! How about Nelson with his unparalleled command of the sea, sending the horrible navies of republicanism and badness to the bottom? Valiant stands (currently un)ready to defend King and country from the ignoble hordes!

12. BoomerBoy17

Please, that was many years ago, besides, Nelson, the great naval commander, died of a gun wound, ha, loser. Besides, the DKM Graf Spee stands (also un)ready to defend the fatherland!

13. bayruun

bayruun Member

Another panzershiffe? Wasn't one of those defeated by two British light cruisers? Great battleships defeated by cruisers! British cruisers, so it's understandable.

14. BoomerBoy17

No, he wasnt defeated by 3 british cruisers. He was defeated by his own doing, scuttle charges in fact, and if it werent for improper intelligence, he may have made it back to Germany.

15. Chris Easterbrook

You are right Boomer the Graf Spee won the actual sea battle easy.

16. BoomerBoy17

The exeter took a beating, in fact, it was mauled, Achilles and ajax didnt get it too bad, but they werent exactly clean after crawling through that pile o' crap.

17. bayruun

bayruun Member

That the Graf Spee won the battle is arguable. The Brits took a lot of damage, but surely not enough to concern them. After all, they kept up the chase!

18. BoomerBoy17

Not enough to concern them?Google this: and look at images:
    HMS Exeter in battle of river plate

19. bayruun

bayruun Member

Bah, just a scratch. It takes more than that to sink a proper British vessel!

20. Chris Easterbrook

That may be Bob but you sure can put one out of a fight alot easier than any German ship.