So is it Fast Gun or Small Gun?

Discussion in 'General' started by JustinScott, Dec 1, 2006.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I've tried using both on the site, but it seems that:

IRCWCC prefers "Fast Gun"
    MWC prefers "Small Gun"

Any opinions?

2. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

I guess that's one way to distinguish between the two groups.

JM

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well it's both actually. The bbs fire fast and they are small. But both are RC COMBAT.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well, the most important part is to distinguish it from "big guns" combat, which despite identical scale, is far more different than anything between IRCWCC or MWC. Since we "big gunners" use size of projectile to distinguish ourselves from other styles, it only makes sense to use the same idea for the little gunners. Then again, I have heard a person or two get offended when called "little gunners", and refer to the big gunners as "slow gunners" instead.

5. JustinScott

I've heard people get offended by "fast gun" and by "small gun". Which is why I started this thread, to get to the bottom of it!

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

when I'm on the big gun forum, I use big gun and small gun. When I'm on the IRCWCC forum, I use slow gun and fast gun. When I'm on other forums, I use small/fast gun and big/slow gun. Although standardizing on one or the other would be preferable, typing both takes longer :(

7. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Some people get offended by "slow gun" as well, especially when it's used in an insulting way. "Big Gun" is a proper name, & should be used by those who don't want to be disrespectful.

JM

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

I've always called it 1/144 RC Warship combat. Then I explain that we fire bb's. The other type of RC Warship combat fires Ball bearings. That's kinda how I put. People usually figure the difference.

9. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

I use big gun and fast gun.....not that fast gun is doable here in australia, as bb's are considered by our enlightened politicians to be nasty, dangerous, firearms ammunition!

10. JustinScott

Unlike 1/4" ball bearings!? :) doh`

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well When I explain the difference it's the size of the rounds. Big gun is pretty self explanatory but I follow it with ball bearings were Fastgun use small bbs. I don't understand why anyone would be offended. I mean cmon your guns in MWC OR IRCWCC are the same , they both fire fast and the caliber is small. Besides the most of the members are actually from the IRCWCC with the same rules, with slight modifications. Oh well to each his own as long as there is no confusion.. no offense.

12. Craig

Craig Active Member

I don't think I've really called it anything. I fact I just describe the rounds. I guess if I was leaning one way or the other the difference would be rate/size, I'd say fast gun. Australia... man, no offense, but that leads credence to your having everything backwards, at least your politicians prove it. BB's banned, ball bearings... ummmm.... not so bad. Ouch. I'd rather get hit with a bb than a 1/4 bearing anyday. Honestly, ask them which way does the water go down the bowl, they might have to start a committee and get back to you. Our political misconceptions in Canada, is we have five feet of snow on the ground at all times and live in igloos. That's right as soon as you go over the border from the States, Boom! Snow. Hey at least in Australia you guys have running water. Try outfitting plumbing in an igloo! LOL

Back to it. Fast gun is my final answer.

13. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

On the MABG forums that I visit (I'm not Big Guns, I'm in MWCI), the prevailing usage is Big Guns and Fast Guns. It covers it pretty well, and no one gets labelled something "offensive". Fast guns covers MWCI/IRCWCC better than small guns because the ships drive faster than scale and the guns have no limits on firing rate.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Whatever works I am fine with it.
    Till little kids stop calling my Yamato the 'TITANIC'

DARTH YODA

15. Craig

Craig Active Member

Titanic... hehehehe. Hey remember when that guy said, while pointing at the NC, "Is that Bismarck?". WHat boat am I building? Told ya so. Fast Gun, Slow Gun, Big Gun, Small Gun, Black, White, Red, Green, smelly and clean. I say, tomato, toemato. We all play a game that consists essentially of the same things with the same goals in mind, Sink the Enemy! I am all for we play RC Naval Combat! (shameless plug)

16. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Subtle plug, Craig, very subtle. I can tell I'll need to watch out for you. :)

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Yeah especially when he's serving a cake, he likes to top the icing off with the enemy fleet sinking in the frosting.

18. Craig

Craig Active Member

pLUG? pLUG? i HAD A PLUG ONCE... ACTUALLY i HAVE FOUR! LOL

Hey the cake was priceless dude. axis and allied boats all over it. I have pictures!

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Yeah four of them are in the bottom of his NORTH CAROLINA and it still couldn't keep her from sinking.

20. Craig

Craig Active Member

Twenty couldn't help Yamato. She still sank too dude. :p