SODAK (8 SECONDARY VERSION) 1

WIP, STILL LEARNING FUSION...BE GENTLE

1. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

Xanthar likes this.
  2. Craig Thompson

Craig Thompson New Member

I have a 1/96 USS Massachusetts BB-59 that is nine days into the Superstructure print, so far your design has been Excellent! I'd realized early on that I needed to match the contours of the Fiberglass to all the 3D parts for the 03 Deck. The process is coming together slowly, read: Newbie to Fusion also. I have all the dimensions to make them work for having 10 Secondary mounts. So very impressed with all the thought that went into your drawings. Will forward the STL patches needed for this application when the re-design is adjusted. Thank You kindly for making these available. So glad to be adding this ship to my Fleet.

Attached Files:

Z Boat and Xanthar like this.
  3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

thank you.. Funny thing I have not finished printing mine yet for Sodak.

Panzer likes this.
  4. Craig Thompson

Craig Thompson New Member

Seventeen days into this print and only have one piece to match to the Fiberglass base. Up to Revision #9 and it is so close to finishing, won't print it until the slice matches perfectly. The last 0.5mm slice gave me the correct taper to the Starboard side, Port side is the only side I'm struggling with. Fusion keeps giving me a Boolean error trying to taper the Bridge Wing out 3mm toward the bow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well this is remarkably convenient. I have a very nice South Dakota class wooden hull that I was looking to finish for Big Gun.