SODAK Update

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Feb 6, 2008.

1. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I have all my systems modular. I can run either boat with the other's parts. I also have quick connects on the gun decks which enable me to test and set them up without having the ship.

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hey Paul did you ever get the parts for Bama? If you need help mounting your cannons just let me know I like mounting cannons. It looks like we all we be in town sometime between the 27th of Dec and the 4th of Jan, any chance of getting together?

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Right now the sodak is sitting in my storage locker. I have not done any work on it since the end of canats. I am sort of hoping for a rise in the Canadian dollar before ordering a cannon kit. If not then I will work some ot in the new year and order the kit. If you are down at that we should get together.

4. Chris Easterbrook

Okay Paul I will keep you posted.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think I may order the cannon kit this week for the sodak. I am hoping that in early Spring I can get the boat completed. Otherwise I might just get Southy activated this year. i would like to have two ships available for the IRCWCC NATS this year.

6. Chris Easterbrook

Well if you want any help Paul I am always here and I may even be able to make it down your way for a few days if need be.

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Well the Gun kit has been ordered and has been shipped. Construction of the Bama will he delayed until I move into the new house. I am hoping to have gun system installed before July 1. If all goes to plan I will have 4 weeks to complete gun installation, re-sheet and paint the boat. I want to have a week to take it out once or twice to sail test. I am planning to take the Bama and the PE down to IRCWCC NATS this year.

8. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Sounds cool Paul. There are going to be as many build sessions as is possible this spring. Even if it is just two people getting together to do some work. I think they can posted on the websites calender, can't they?

When do you expect to be moving?
    J

9. Chris Easterbrook

Good new Paul. I will help with the guns if you like as I will have to come to Halifax sometime in the spring.

10. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

i will be moving into the new house this week. Time to get building.

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

One more post to 900

12. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Good to hear, look forward to meeting you soon. Nats is a great time to finish a ship, It's amazing how many captains will give you advise and help when building. We usually end up building/troubleshooting 2-3 boats a year.

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

That's why i am bringing two. if one craps out the other goes in.

14. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

well I have moved in. This week the boats start moving in from the Storage locker

15. Jay Jennings

Excellent Paul, welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership!!!!! By the way, have you cut the grass, cleaned the eaves, painted the spare room, swept out the garage etc. etc.etc. :) :)
    J

16. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

My wife wants to garden. So to accommodate that there will be NO grass whatsoever. front and back is all plants.

17. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

That's funny, My wife hasn't been keeping up on the gardens so I mowed them.:eek:

18. Chris Easterbrook

I would do the same. If the wife wants a garden fine but she has to do the upkeep, if not it gets mowed.

19. Jay Jennings

Don't forget about some kind of gravel on top of landscape fabric for walkways and around the plants. If there are just plants there will be the inevitable question,'Hun, can you come out and help me???'
    If there is gravel, there will be fewer weeds to remove and therefore, wifes are more than capable of handling it.
    J

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

This was her project. The front will be easier than the back. that's when the requests for help come in. hoever as it is ibn the back of the townhouse i can hide in the garage