SOLD: Hull Molds

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Bob Pottle, Jan 15, 2009.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: Hull Molds Oooohh I can see myself getting the HOOD. God this never ends!

2. Bryan

Bryan Member

RE: Hull Molds Bob please e-mail me which class 1-3 ships (finished you have so that we can keep them in Canada, thanks,

Bryan

3. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hull Molds How much does an Albatross hull cost?

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

RE: Hull Molds
    Considering that a Battlers Liberty ship hull costs $110 and the Albatross is almost the same size and more complex to lay up and trim, I could charge the same. However, I don't think the time I spend making an Albatross hull and the cost of the materials justifies a price that high. I'll sell them for $90 plus shipping by Canada Post (ground or airmail). I have one hull in stock and will finish another this weekend.
    Bob

5. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hull Molds $90 Canadian or US? Not that they're so different at the moment.

6. Bob Pottle

US$$

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

RE: Hull Molds Bob, I've been in contact with Stephen and the Hood main turret mold will ship out with the other stuff he's getting from me. I want the molds in production and he seems to be doing good work (or at least getting good people to do it for him, either way it's all good).

8. Bryan

Bryan Member

I know most people tend to use the SCRAP site to find hulls and makers, it is kept up to date by cotributions of information.:)

http://www.scrapcombatships.com/hulls.html

;)

9. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hull Molds I'm a member of SCRAP, so yes that is a good list. The main addition in the one I keep is prices and more complete contact information.

10. Bob Pottle

Tugboat,
    Thanks for sending the Hood's turret master and mold to Strike Models. The Hood mold was shipped by FedEx yesterday. Furious, Vanguard and Sri Ayuthia molds will follow in a couple of weeks, then the revised Krasni Krim plug and the HMAS/HMS Albatross mold.
    Bob

11. Tugboat

RE: Hull Molds Bob, I don't remember getting the master, but it's beena while since I opened the box. I know for a fact that the turret mold is here, because it's one of the nicer ones and that sticks out in my mind. I will make sure I look twice; Stephen is getting all the turret molds I have, so that simplifies things.

12. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hull Molds So you're sending off the Albatross now too?

13. Bob Pottle

Tugboat,
    The wooden master was shipped with the Hood turret mold placed on top of it.
    El Jefe,
    Yes, Strike Models is buying the Albatross mold too. I have one hull in stock that can be air-mailed as soon as $$ are received.
    Bob

14. Tugboat

RE: Hull Molds okay, it's here then.

15. Bob Pottle

El Jefe,
    Stephen Morgret has changed his mind re the Albatross mold, so if you're interested in the mold or a hull contact me. It's an equivalent hull to the Battler's LIberty ship but has bulges and a much more interesting apearance. Can be used as a convoy ship in it's late war role as a Royal Navy fleet repair ship, or as a Class 1 combatant as an early WWII sea plane carrier. HMS Albatross was in one of the South Atlantic task forces searching for the Graf Spee.
    The mold is $350 plus shipping so considering material expenses and charging what BC does for a LIberty ship selling 4-5 hulls would be the break even point. I paid Ralph Coles $500 to make the mold and it's only had 3 hulls pulled from it so it's in excellent condition.
    Bob Pottle