SOLD: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Bob, Feb 2, 2009.

1. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks I feel your pain on too many projects. I have an ancient Salt Lake City I am rebuilding, got a CVL I am building, got a Salem running, an Invincible refitting and an ice breaker hull in my closet that I eventually want to build a USS Burton Island out of. That's not to mention my plans to aquire a Mogami hull in the spring and begin building a Chikuma out of it.

My problem is, I dont enjoy actually working on the models. I like installing the guts and getting everything to work, build building the model itself is just "bleh" to me. That's why the CVL is stuck with everything installed, but no superstructure. I just look at it, shake my head and say "I don't wanna..."

2. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks Did anyone else place an order when the window of opportunity opened up in January? Has your order arrived yet? I didn't think it would be taking so long...

3. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks No order yet , But I'm not rushed, I have other things to work on.

bob

4. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks
    Nope haven't received anything yet.

5. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to make sure I wasn't alone!

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks It took him awhile last time he offered hulls to get them sent out.

7. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

Well I received a WWI era QE scratch built hull from David Au to zombify. It will give me an idear to build my own scratch builds in the future.

8. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks Zombify?

9. MWC13

MWC13 Member

Zombify : The process where one takes an old wooden hull and proceeds to repair the broken/rotten wood followed by a slathering in West System epoxy. This renders it waterproof and capable of entering battle for at least an additional decade. Often the last resort for a poorly sealed wooden hull but it can restore a hull to nearly perfect condition if done correctly.

10. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

yessss rise my minion...... maybe I should put a signal flags on it saying "brainss"...

11. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks Interesting terminology. Sounds like mummification for r/c boats.

12. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks I recieved my order from Swampy today.

Bob

13. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

RE: Hulls for Sale from Swampworks Mine just arrived too. The box was a little smooshed, but luckily the hull is fine.

14. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

Got mine package too.
    The Houston was in the Tennesse hull and guess it shifted in transit. The shift cracked the gel at a void luckily it came of w/ one big chunk. I just got some bondo to fill the void and put on the chunk. It has real nice lines. Like others stated it is 50.5 loa.
    The Tennesse looks real nice as well.