Some extra exposure for the hobby locally

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Happy New Year to you all.
    We may have an opportunity for some more exposure for the clubs. Steve Hill has been talking to the guy who runs the new Harbourside Market in Dartmouth. He may be able to get us a couple of booths there for a month or so. We will be able to work on our boats while we are there and the firing box may find its’ way there too, maybe a TV with some videos of what we do. Steve wants to know who is interested in bringing a boat or two; they can be left there because the building is secure. We will also need a couple people at least at a time to man the display. It will be just like the shows we do but could go on for a few consecutive weekends. Please let me know here or by e-mail,
    Thanks, J

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Jay,
    That's a great idea. Do you have any times or dates? I don't suppose any fiberglassing will be allowed (i.e. I-400 hulls).
    Bob

3. Ian

Ian Member

Hi guys, haven't been on here in a long while, Bob i wish you would have emailed me directly about that renown hull, would have been on that like white on rice.

anyways, i could be convinced to bring both of mine, george too maybe. will need help marking the cut out lines for her( gonna start her sometime when the other two are ready). Renown will be in no state to go anywhere, unless you guys want a very big plug hanging around (guessing that you don't).

I shouldn't have any problems coming out on the weekends. and lets make it a new years resolution... I GOTS TO GET MY BOATS OUT....no excuses they're both so close it's irritating.

4. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

J,

When will this be? Would you like some postcards from Strike Models? We have battle pictures on the front, then on the back some FAQs, with our information at one side of the bottom, and room for a local club to put their info or a sticker on the other side. We're almost out at the moment, but will be ordering more soon.

5. Jay Jennings

I am waiting for Steve to get the info from the manager of the market, probably on the weekend we will know.
    Keri if you would send some of your postcards, we would be glad to display them. If you PM me I will send you my address. We are hoping to get to the market as soon as possible, but whenever we get the cards, I'll put them up.
    J

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Jay: I have some of those postcards that were in the last order i got. You can use a ship or two of mine, as well as any info i have here. I would be able to do a day or so if you need me.

7. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

HI Ian,
    I assumed you were monitoring the forum. The Renown hull is still in the basement but needs to go ASAP - I have to get rid of stuff I don't need and clean up the basement for renovations.
    Mike Deskin and I chatted yesterday. He doesn't need the Renown hull immediately and said to sell it locally if there's a buyer. if you want it contact me and we can do the deal this week. $80 ($5 more than I paid for it after a couple of hours of sanding and filling gelcoat defects. More filling and sanding remain to be done but when finished it'll be a nice hull.)
    Have you made the inserts we talked about for Hood's barbettes to support the BB cannons? it would be nice to get the guns installed and see her in action this year.
    Bob

8. Ian

Ian Member

sure i'll take it, saves me the effort of redoing mine all over again. got no extra money until friday though.

and no, i've been pretty lazy lately, i'll see if i can cut those out sometime soon.

9. Jay Jennings

Hi John, appreciate the offer.
    Just talked to Steve H to find out what happened with the market.
    The owner is hoping to fill all of the tables, so maybe next week. (We shall see). On the bright side, Steve has his boat there (Vanguard) and is working on it. I called the Discovery Channel and the National Geographic Magazine to cover this huge event and record it for posterity!! :) :)
    I'll talk more with Steve and update as required,
    J

10. Jay Jennings

Well, it looks like the market is filling up again. Since booths are $60 per weekend, I doubt we will be renting any. Oh well it was a good idea, just bad timing. Steve still has Vanguard there and a Nelson hull too. So I guess we'll get ready for the Shearwater show. John, do you have the exact dates, I lost your last e-mail when my inbox was "cleaned out".
    J

11. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Keri;

We have a show coming up in mid-Feb. could you send us some of the postcards? Martin Hayes, 1113 crestview dr. Annapolis, MD 21409

Thanks;

Marty "Fast Guns" Hayes

12. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Marty, could you give me that in email (keri@strikemodels.com)? I'll make sure it's not overlooked that way. I don't have a fresh batch of postcards yet, working on the design and getting them printed. Will try to have that done for your show.

Keri