South Jersey Shipyards Now Open!

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by bsgkid117, Jul 22, 2023.

1. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Egad. what have I done?

3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hello All,

The store has been updated with more ship kits that are currently available. Once we've completed the 1920 South Dakota superstructure, she will also be ready for the website.

Another exciting development is our first shipment of electronics is on its way, so we've opened up sales of Ship kits + electronics packages.

Dual Gun Boards
    Single Gun Boards
    Brushed Pump Boards

Will all be available separately on the website once I get their individual item listings and product pictures taken care of.

I want to update all product pages with full high-res 360 degree rendered gifs of the ship kits, but that may not be until later this week.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
  4. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

FYI, what you have labeled Konig class battleships should really be Kaiser, I think? Also, you might want to use a different pic for it. I think that was a RN identification painting/illustration, and I don't think the ships actually carried masts that looked like that. More like: Bundesarchiv_DVM_10_Bild-23-61-83,_Linienschiff_ SMS_Kaiser .jpg

Boatmeister and bsgkid117 like this.
  5. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Good catch! I don't even have a Konig in the pipeline... must've been tired labeling that one. It is in fact Kaiser.

Boatmeister and diceman42 like this.
  6. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Whoops, looks like I'm a bonehead and forgot to enable the shipping zones for VDT and QE.

Those two items should *actually* be orderable now.

diceman42 and Boatmeister like this.
  7. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I am putting the finishing touches on the SJS Mogador, which is a refit of my first ever 3d printed hull project.

The original was...rough to say the least.

I am looking for a pair of beta testers for this hull who are active veteran captains in the hobby and can get 2-3 regionals in with the boat ASAP. Please contact me for more information.

Commodore and diceman42 like this.
  8. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

T-Shirts are now in stock!

We've shipped out our first ship kit as well!

We are waiting on the big order of laser cut wooden decks to actually arrive, but the printers are running and orders are being produced and will be shipped out as soon as possible.

CNC cut gearbox motor plates are also on order. These motor plates are compatible both with our ship kits and with the Traxxas Villain gearbox that is quite popular with some builders. These motor plates are available in 19mm (small brushless), 25mm (550 can), and 29mm (775 can) bolt spacing.

When ordering a ship kit, please specify what motor plates you'd like. If you do not, we will ship with standard 25mm motor plates.

These motor plates will also be available separately, we are currently working up a "Hardware" page for the store where we will have lots of builder style parts and mounts available.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
    Panzer and notSoGnarly like this.
  9. notSoGnarly

notSoGnarly Well-Known Member

T-Shirt is here!

Attached Files:

Panzer, rcengr and Beaver like this.
  10. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

Well Imma need to order one’a’them Worked on the Bench shirts..

11. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Website has been updated with:

RCWarshipTech's Electronics, pictures pending.
    USS Wasp CV-7 is for sale on a limited basis, we only have a few deck kits for her in stock. More are on order.
    An instructions page, pictures pending.

Coming soon to website:

Hardware page, for useful builder items (gearboxes, rudder gears, servo mounts, etc)
    1920's South Dakota Batch 1 production kits
    Mogador Beta Kits
    Decals/stickers
    "Development Pipeline" showing ships that are currently in the design queue

12. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

as a review for the Wasp Hull, the deck seals are incredible, the hull is great, and overall this is an excellent XL convoy because she is the smallest of the fleet carriers that qualify, and therefore won't break your back when you put-in or pull-out.

If you're ever curious about Wasp and want to see what it's about, the USCGC WaspBearPig (WCV-7) will be at NATS and I'll even let you test drive it.

bsgkid117 and notSoGnarly like this.
  13. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hello All!

The website has been updated with the following:

1920 South Dakota Class ship kit
    Wyoming Class Ship Kit
    Kaiser Class ship kit
    Landing Ship Tank ship kit

Hardware items page including:
    Propellers
    Rudder gears
    Rudder chain sprockets
    Printed gear boxes
    Printed rudder servo mounts
    CNC Aluminum motor mount plates for gearboxes and various motor bolt patterns (compatible with Traxxas Villain)
    CNC Aluminum servo mounting plates (for ship kits, but could be used in any ship with a simple mount in the hull)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    notSoGnarly and Justin Ragucci like this.
  14. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

To celebrate our first successful regional event here in NJ, feel free to use this promo code at SJS for $10 off your order over $20 (electronics excluded).

NJOCTOBER

www.southjerseyshipyards.com

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  15. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

New ship kits for November:

1920 South Dakota (Same hull as my USS Indiana)

1920SDRender.png

SMS Kaiser:

KaiserRender.png

USS Wyoming:

Screenshot 2023-10-12 103251.png

LST-325:

Screenshot 2023-06-17 115327.png

16. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hello All. Lots of stuff to announce, so brace yourselves for a long post!

First,

I am proud to announce that SJS is now an authorized Hobbywing Dealer. Due to Hobbywing's MAP pricing policy, these items are excluded from any discount codes/coupon codes/sales/etc.

We plan to stock the following items that I personally use in my ships, and will be a good fit for the hobby:

Hobbywing 1060 60a Brushed ESCs for drive control on brushed motor boats. $21.99

Hobbywing WP-10BL60 60a Waterproof Brushless ESC for drive control on brushless boats up to 3S lipo $49.99

Hobbywing Skywalker 60a ESC for brushless pump control, 2-6S lipo compatible. Waterproofing will need to be done by the end user. (3d printed potting trays available on request) $22.99​

By partnering with Hobbywing in this way, we hope to be able to offer combination kits incorporating a full ship kit, RCWarshipTech combat electronics, and now Hobbywing drive/brushless motor controls at the best possible prices for you guys, the end user. To that end all Ship Kits will be discounted:

For Brushed Boats:

$20 if purchased with RCWarshipTech combat electronics, including pump controller, and Hobbywing 1060 Brushed ESC (Brushed boat full package)
    $15 if purchased with RCWarshipTech combat electronics (NO pump controller) and brushless pump ESC (1x SKY60A)
    $15 if purchased with RCWarshipTech combat electronics (including brushed pump controller) and no drive ESC
    $10 if purchased with RCWarshipTech combat electronics (NO pump controller)​

For Brushless Boats:

$35 ($30 if single drive motor) if purchased with RCWarshipTech combat electronics package (no pump controller) and brushless drive + dual pump ESC's (2x WP-10BL60 and 2x SKY60A)
    $30 ($25 if single drive motor) if purchased with RCWarshipTech combat electronics package (no pump controller) and brushless drive + pump ESC's (2x WP-10BL60 and 1x SKY60A)

Secondly:

SJS is waiting on its first delivery of Spartan Scientific 3827 Solenoid valves. These valves are an integral part of your fire control system, delivering CO2 gas to your guns when commanded by the firing boards. The specific solenoids we have chosen to stock have the following specifications:

DuPont Zytel® composite body
    Viton™ seal
    400 series stainless & brass operator
    Nylon encapsulated coil
    Normally closed
    Response time: 12-14 ms complete cycle
    Pressure range: 200 max psi
    Orifice Size: 2.4mm
    Coil Voltage: 12VDC​

Spartan3827.jpg

These valves will be available for purchase for $35 each.

Next up on the agenda:

We have partnered with a USA based gas regulator manufacturer to provide brass CO2 regulators for the hobby. These regulators have a CGA320 (paintball tank thread) inlet, a 1/4 NPT outlet, are manufacturer set at 150 PSI and are of a non-freezing design. This manufacturer has a background in industrial and performance automotive gas regulation systems, including regulators for charging nitrogen filled shock absorbers or for metering nitrous systems in race cars.

1000-xxxF-320.jpg

These regulators will be available on the store for $40 each, or $35 with the purchase of a ship kit.

Lastly,

SJS has been working on some R&D in the form of our own in-house pump. These pumps have proven very promising in testing and trial units are en-route to veteran captains for feedback. These pumps come in three potential "bottom half" varieties at this time, with 3 potential "top half" varieties. The bottoms and tops can be mixed and matched for your configuration.

Mobile Upload 2023-11-08 12-50-08.jpg

Bottoms:
    Vertical Outlet base, with integrated 1 unit restrictor
    Vertical Outlet base, with integrated .5 unit restrictor
    Traditional horizontal outlet​

Tops:
    25mm bolt spacing with recess for 550 brushed motor snout
    25mm bolt spacing, no recess (larger brushless motors, brushless inrunners)
    19mm small brushless bolt spacing, no recess​

Pump kits will be available, pending veteran captain review + feedback, for $10 each or $8 with purchase of a ship kit in the same order.

Whew, that was a lot. To wrap this up, I want to reiterate that SJS is a super small passion project run out of a 1 car garage run by 1 guy. As these items show up and get inventoried, I will add them to the website and store page for you guys to order.

To show your support for SJS and the efforts put into all this, we've got ship kits, T-shirts, and combat electronics on the website right now for you guys to check out. 100% of every dollar spent at SJS gets reinvested in more inventory, expanding our product lineup, and better supporting the Model Warship Combat Hobby. Buy a ship for a friend. Buy a fourth Invincible to keep your wooden and fiberglass ones company. :woot:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  17. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Thank you for actively contributing to keeping the hobby alive.

18. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Fantastic news!

Especially on the regulators!
    - Now we just need a good supply of tiny bottles!

19. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I have a tank manufacturer sending me sample pieces of a 5~oz bottle that they produce for evaluation.

JustinScott and tgalx3 like this.
  20. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

SJS's first batch of regulators are in.

They are not as big or heavy as an older style brass regulator. Definitely no lightweight BC aluminum regulator, but should be plenty easy to fit in anything bigger than a class 2.

They are adjustable, but have been preset and fixed at 150 PSI by the manufacturer.

They have two outputs. 1, 1/8 npt and 1, 1/4 npt. The 1/8 is plugged from the manufacturer.

I am hoping to get them on the website sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

PXL_20231114_222241891.jpg