South Jersey Shipyards Now Open!

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by bsgkid117, Jul 22, 2023.

1. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Website has been updated to reflect kits that are now in-stock vs pre-sales. Also added our "Surplus Corner" area. This area is where SJS will be advertising any items we have laying around the shop that we are not specifically using, but that might be helpful to other members of the hobby. Open box radios, maybe some CO2 tanks, etc.

Check it out:

www.southjerseyshipyards.com

notSoGnarly likes this.
  2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hey guys, another SJS update.

HMS Tiger and HMS Erin have been added to the store as pre-sales. They are both about 99% complete and are just waiting for final detailing work on their superstructures.

The store website has also been updated to make navigating the ship kits a little easier. Things are now organized into sub-pages based on class of ship.

Pensacola-class is in final production prep and should be available sometime next week.

Baltimore-class is about 75% and should be ready immediately after Pensacola.

We are currently about 2 weeks behind in terms of kit production. I am hoping to make good headway over the next 4-5 days at getting that backlog out the door. This is heavily dependent on 3d printer cooperation. If you want to place an order but are worried about lead time, you can always email us at info@southjerseyshipyards.com

Check out the changes and new stuff:

3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

SJS Update:

A bunch of hulls being worked on and finished up. Picture dump is attached. Also see the current state of our order backlog:

Current Backlog Update:

Order 1060 (Midway CV) had a chunk that did not pass QC and needed to be reprinted. It is done and being packaged today. (God help me)

There are two cruisers being started right now for orders 1066 and 1079, ETA tomorrow 5-6pm

Order 1075 is finished printing and is pending QC + hardware assembly

Order 1077, HMS Tiger, is pending start after cruisers tomorrow

Order 1078 is a Victory ship which is pending start, hopefully tomorrow after the cruisers

Order 1080 is an HMS Erin, pending start, hopefully saturday after 1078

I hope to clear out the entire backlog over the course of this weekend, with a very unhappy UPS man on Monday. Orders are not always handled in perfect series, if a kit was a pre-sale it may still be getting final touches done on the computer. In this instance, an existing finished + in production kit will get bumped forward (aka why 1075 is done, and 1066 is just starting).

I want to thank all of you for being very understanding. As always, SJS is for the hobby by the hobby.

Cleveland.png
    Fargo.png
    Pensacola.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 180501.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 180127.png
    Texas.png

4. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

A post-weekend backlog update:

Both printers decided to commit their own brand of seppuku saturday morning at about 3am. I was able to restore one of the two by about lunchtime saturday, but the second printer was down until sunday lunchtime. This slowed progress on kits.

Right now the following items are queued up waiting for various small pieces to finish printing today. I have fellow South Jersey IRCWCC captain Kevin S coming over tonight to help finish prepping and packing the following orders for 3/19 UPS pickup:

The following items are waiting on larger print jobs:

1066 (Pensacola + Victory. Victory is done, needed to reprint the entire pensacola due to an idiot-in-chair error resulting in a ship that is 102% size)
    1077 (HMS Tiger, will start ASAP once 1066 is cleared)
    1080 (HMS Erin, ASAP after 1077)

Unrelated to the current order backlog:

I have started the process of slicing + uploading the superstructure files for all of the SJS kits. This is primarily to allow end-users to reprint their own superstructures if damaged, but also to help the hobby with a variety of acceptable-quality superstructures for ships. My hope is to continue offering the superstructure files as our product line grows.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding and support.

5. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Thanks for the superstructures - that's gonna be very handy!

6. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

SJS News Update!

We are clear of the backlog! The only kit that is pending right now is HMS Erin for order 1080.

Here are some pictures of newly released kits that are either already on their way or leaving Monday AM with UPS.

PXL_20240324_162641265.MP.jpg

PXL_20240320_225638941.jpg

PXL_20240323_002045331.jpg

HMS Tiger, USS Cleveland, and USS Pensacola are all new design kits going out to hopefully very happy builders.

7. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

SJS Update!

USS Texas is now available for pre-sale. We are expecting to ship these kits before the end of April. If you are seriously considering a Texas kit, order now so we can adjust our stock of lasercut deck kits appropriately! Texas was a hotly requested item and we are concerned this kit could go out of stock immediately.

Item pages for Cleveland, Fargo, Pensacola, Tiger, and Erin have all been updated as well.

Check it out:

8. pba

pba Active Member

does the victory kit have cargo booms as in the picture mine did not

9. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

The cranes are just a small 3d printed joint piece, the end user would supply two appropriately sized wooden dowels/aluminum tubes/brass/etc to actually complete the crane.

upload_2024-3-27_7-51-52.png

upload_2024-3-27_7-49-46.png

upload_2024-3-27_7-50-6.png

Each victory ship kit should come with 7 of those joints, if yours did not please let me know and I will run off a bunch and send them out ASAP.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    notSoGnarly and Boatmeister like this.
  10. pba

pba Active Member

I love the boat and will be showing it off in kit form at our local dayton modelrama on april 27 at fairgrounds . Our club( Midwest naval combat club) will have six tables and over 50 1/144 and 1/96 treaty boats

11. pba

pba Active Member

now that i look at your picture i do not have the rear gun deck for the 5inch 38

bsgkid117 likes this.
  12. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Take an inventory for me and if that is all you are missing I will have a padded envelope on its way to you first thing tomorrow AM.

Still getting the hang of this whole business thing :whistling:

Panzer likes this.
  13. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

You should have:

8x Lifeboat Crane Arms
    7x Crane Joints
    5x Cargo Hatches of various sizes
    Bow Deckhouse/Gun Mount
    4 main superstructure levels
    3x "Crane Bases" for the centerline cranes
    Funnel
    Aft Deckhouse/Gun Mount
    Rudder
    Prop
    Prop Shaft (9/32 brass, 2x oilite bushings, 1/8 stainless shaft)
    Rudder shaft material (5/32 brass tube, 1/8 stainless shaft)
    Aluminum Servo Plate tapped to 4-40 with 4, 4-40x3/8 button head cap screws for servo mounting and 2, 4-40x3/8 button head cap screws for mounting plate to ship
    8x M4x10mm Bolts
    8x M4 hex nuts
    1/4x1/8 Deck Magnets

You can access a view-only copy of the Victory Ship file here, to help you assemble it and such: https://a360.co/3TG7jQ1

14. pba

pba Active Member

I do not have the 7 crane joints or the aft deckhouse/gun mount But I still love the ship

Panzer and bsgkid117 like this.
  15. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Roger that, reinforcements are on the way! Keep an eye out for a small padded envelope. We had 3 victory ships all mail out at once...this means someone else got double the cranes and an extra aft deckhouse...:whistling:

16. pba

pba Active Member

Outstanding!!! Good service

17. notSoGnarly

notSoGnarly Well-Known Member

Send them an extra midship.

18. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

looking at the screenshot from a prior post ya made, that deck setup will be a lot nicer than the one on the old lasercut set that Strike was selling. having the crossbrace on Turret 3 made motor and pump installation a real PITA

Boatmeister and Panzer like this.
  19. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

SJS Update:

SJS is temporarily pausing new kit design as we go back and put eyeballs on all the previous kits.

This is part of the never-ending rotating process of making sure our oldest designs reflect all of the various improvements that our newer designs come with.

We have been doing this behind the scenes here and there as older kits get ordered, but that has resulted in a mountain of potentially old files mixed with new files and the risk of printing something that is out of date has risen considerably.

It took about an hour to go through the Von Der Tann kit, for example, so this process should not take longer than a week or so for every hull we currently offer.

Stay tuned for future updates on new kits. We are currently preparing for pre-sale:

Baltimore
    Derfflinger
    South Carolina
    Bellerophon
    Colossus
    Ise

Boatmeister and notSoGnarly like this.
  20. pba

pba Active Member

i only have 6 lifeboat crane arms