Speed Controls

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Gettysburg114th, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Hey Phil,
    I should be ok with that ESC in my box, right? This was the first event I used it at.

2. the frog

the frog Member

I personally would like it out in the air,but if it showed no signs of overheating in your box than i see no harm.I am getting ready to order 5 more today

3. Gettysburg114th

Ok, thanks Phil.

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Ive heard you should have them out of the box so they can cool easier. I plan to put mine in the bottom of my boat so water can wash over them and help cool them.

5. Gettysburg114th

Mike,
    How do you plan on sealing it?
    Thanks,

6. crzyhawk

The ones I have currently are supposedly waterproof. I'm not overly pleased with them to this point so if they aren't really waterproof and they fail...well then in my mind I am justified in buying something new. At 40 bucks a pop though, I'm going to try and USE these proboat ESCs I already have.

7. crzyhawk

There's more info about ESCs (particularly the rage I felt when I got mine) and such on this thread here:

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1333&whichpage=1

I'm going to see if I can get them to work for my throttle (will need another pump option I think) until they die and I can justify in my mind buying something better. I just have a hard time mentally ordering new ESCs when I have 4 $40 ones sitting around collecting dust.

8. Gettysburg114th

I'll take a look at the thread Mike, thanks.

9. Gettysburg114th

Hey Phil,
    The ESC I have, is it waterproof?

10. crzyhawk

I can bring one of my pro-boat 40 amp ESCs up the next time you have a build session if you'd like to play with it. I'm going to drop one of them in the Belleau Wood rather then use a MAG so I can get a little experience...never wired one up before. I'd rather experiment in something I am not counting on battling atm, so if something goes wrong I don't find myself with 0 operational ships.

11. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member