Spring has finally arrived in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by __Titan__, May 16, 2018.

1. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

After a seemingly endless chain of melting and snow storms sprint is here and summer is on the way! I'm only 17 and I've been very interested in ships in general since the age of 5 when I first saw the Titanic on a book cover for the first time. It's 12 years later and I've completed lots of model kits and spent probably thousands of hours expanding my knowledge about ships.

I discovered rc warship long ago too but always thought of it as a fantasy until June of 2013 when I purchased what I think was a 1/350 scale ship of some kind, it wasn't quite a Queen Elizabeth class because it has quad turrets and not double. Anyways, I finally had myself a ship but only one othere person to battle with. The ship I had was old and eventually just broke to the point to where I was done putting money into something that I wasn't really proud of.

In Aguest of 2016 she took her final voyage up at my family's cabin where she sunk in a very deep part of the lake. I wasn't able to begin scuba diving until the following spring which proved unfruitful.

I've decided that my next ship will be built by me. Since I'm in school and also a boycott working on my Eagle rank I don't work very much which leads to a lack of funds for parts. This spring I have taken up a new project of building a 1/144 Lusitania. I might be taking on more than I can handle for my first ship but I'm up to the challenge!

2. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Welcome! you should be hearing from Bob and the Port PolarBear crowd shortly, they are very active battlers/builders and a great bunch of guys as well. Spring seams to have made it to Michigan as well and hopefully we will get to play soon!
    Craig