Spring Rumble in Ravenna 2008

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by froggyfrenchman, May 3, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I'll have to see how it effects Treaty Nats as I plan on going there.

2. klibben

klibben Member

alright, well just let me know and I'll see what we can do - it wouldn't be hard for half of us to battle, and the others do their tests while we're reparing.

3. Gettysburg114th

Kenny, Who all sank Saturday?

4. klibben

klibben Member

Alan Brierly twice, Roland Gerrick (sp?) once, and Greg Rusack ran aground to avoid sinking (in phil's Newport News).

I say this with a heavy heart, but the French ships were the only ones not to sink...

5. Gettysburg114th

So Kenny, what did you think of Treaty rules and battling?

6. klibben

klibben Member

Other than speed and firing I didn't really notice anything... but then again I didn't build a ship for it.

Treaty rules suck when your up against non-treaty ships (so slooooowwww!) but if everyone had been the same speed then I wouldn't have noticed.

I'm told that with my mogami I won't have to change anything to battle treaty? If that's the case I may be attending future battles...

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

That's very potentially true; it depends on your pump.

As for our rudder rules, they are very similar to the IRCWCC/BBS, and Mogami's rudder is legal for both formats. With our speed chart, 36 knots = 24 seconds and the Mogami is 36 knots in treaty and 24 seconds in the IRCWCC (and I assume for the BBS) so your speed would be dead on for both formats.

The only potential difference would be that in treaty, a cruiser pump is limited to .75 gpm. The restrictor diameter doesn't matter. So if your pump was .75 gpm or less your ship would be legal without any modifications at all. If your pump puts out more then .75 gpm, it would have to be dialed back a bit.

8. klibben

klibben Member

Hmmmm, I'd have to ask Alan... he did it up for me. I have no clue about these technical things...

9. Gettysburg114th

Ships that are set up for Treaty should not fight ships that are set up for fast gun. It was not designed that way. Not a good move.
    You would have to restrict your pump flow to meet the rules.
    The ships are not that sloooooooooow.

10. klibben

klibben Member

Well it was a BBS battle - not a treaty battle, hence other ships were faster. For instance, I was in Mikeys Strasbourg alongside Lee in his Dunkerque. The Dunk was BBS regulation, so he was at a clear advantage (good thing we were on the same side).

11. crzyhawk

I thought treaty was going to battle between your guys' sorties?

12. Gettysburg114th

Yeah, I guess a better way to have done it would have been to have the 2 BBS ships battle and come off the water, then have the 4 Treaty ships battle, then when they came off the water the BBS ships could go out for their second sortie and so on. That works out well.

13. klibben

klibben Member

yeah, but that'd be boring.

None of us had any real problems with it, we didn't keep score or anything - it was just for fun, and personally I liked it that way, I wish more battles were like that...

14. crzyhawk

Well, with that all in mind, I'm glad I didn't make it out there then. I wouldn't have been putting my ships on the water vs BBS ships.

15. klibben

klibben Member

Only 2 BBS ships, and they pretty much stuck to each other... when fighting treaty ships they would slow their rate of fire.

16. Gettysburg114th

That's good to hear.

17. crzyhawk

LOL yes, but a 28 second Courageous would be nothing more then a moving target for a 24 second Dunkerque. To top it all off, I'd have had a gimped pump in comparison too. Rate of fire would be the least of my concerns...patching the damage I'd take because I didn't have the speed advantage that is the ship's signature is what would have kept me off the water.

18. klibben

klibben Member

well it was 2 v 4 at the end, you would have been on the Dunks team :)

19. Gettysburg114th

Your Mogami class cruiser is one of if not the best cruiser that can be built in Treaty. By the way, how did Josh make out Sunday?

20. crzyhawk

I agree. Mogamis are downright nasty. Fast and maneuverable, I don't think there is a better cruiser out there, period. So, I will build a Tone class cruiser!