STATESBORO BATTLE 28-29 APRIL

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

COME ONE, COME ALL, TO THE GREAT ALLY-TROUNCING PARTY IN STATESBORO, GEORGIA!!
    Should be LOTS warmer than the last battle (which was still a lot of fun), and we have shanghai'd the local battler/Boy Scouts into grilling lunch for us! :)

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Oh man... I'm not sure... Comp just a couple weeks later... ah... oh well. I'll be going to Maker Faire a couple weeks after Comp, with thousands of cheering fans, so I guess I'll survive without this one.

3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Weeks? If Comp were that Monday, I'd understand, but if not you should be there at least for one day. I intend to attend, though Invincible will be far from complete.

4. Tugboat

I'll paint the SUR equation on one side of Baden's hull, and put the Dolly Parton curve on the other side :) That way you can study as you battle :)

5. Tugboat

On that note, what is the tenth-thickness of balsa for BBs?

6. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

This is on my calander to attend. It is a long weekend and payday weekend ... easy. :)

So far, the plan is to bring the Erin, Verite, and Requin. Verite will be availabe as a loaner boat.

7. Tugboat

Your availability that weekend was one of the driving factors in getting it on that weekend :)

Brian has offered to let me drive HMS Ajax (between 7 and 9 pounds) and save my back. :)

Mike, I've been trying to get ahold of you! Without any creepy stalking-level* efforts, but trying nonetheless.

*Nothing says 'I CARE', like seeing eyes in the window at 3AM ;)

8. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Gascan I intend to be there. We can carpool if you like:)
    Das Bütts

9. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I'm not ignoring you Clark. You are after all my favorite Axis. Heh.

Verite is available to use. It is, to paraphrase Tim K, "13 pounds of battling fury!". Heh.

10. Tugboat

I learned something exciting on reviewing the 'new' casement rules clarification (not so new after a year, ja?)... My Evstafi was legal :) So that might get rebuilt and thrown back into the fray :) I loved my turtle boat too much to really pitch it, glad I didn't. :)

11. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Woot! So the righteous shall prevail after all. GO EFFIE!!!!

12. Tugboat

Effie is at this moment sitting on my desk in front of me, being assessed for her makeover. I can see several things that'll be changed and she'll be a proper bad grrl. Prop placement was definately sub-optimal, and she's got cruiser props (and was slow and turned poorly). She's getting 1.25" props with toe-in and they'll be properly close together :) When I finished her before it was a rush job because I failed to have a functional ship ready. So following this, she'll have 2 bow guns, stern gun, and a half-unit pump. And she'll handle like a tubby pigboat should.

13. Anachronus

May she be a proper terror!

14. Tugboat

Got the shafts, props, and motors in. Last time around, she was using a 500-size motor with a 1-drives-2 gearbox, with 2 guns because the rule allowing splitting ofa half-unit pump hadn't been written yet. This time it's a half-unit pump and three guns.

Also, some madman signed up for Nats with USS Othar Tryggvassen, a 1.5 unit, 21 second Gearing class DD. Have a function, battle-ready Baden, but my back is an unknown at this point, so I have to take that into account.

15. Anachronus

This is good fun, but nothing worth throwing your back out for. Othar and Effie should keep you in good company.

16. Tugboat

My wife was very helpful and assisted me in picking out the best pics of Othar for use on a battle flag. I do need to source a cheap ESC for a single 400-size motor in Othar. Effie has a relay card MAG throttle and the pump uses the same relay card for interchangeability.

17. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Wait, are you battling THE Othar, the Orfey class destroyer, or a Gearing that you've named Othar?

18. Tugboat

A Gearing that I've named Othar. The original Othar still exists, but for my main ship at Nats, I'd like to be able to fire more than one blast per sortie...and have a pump... So Othar II will run around battling with a 1-unit gun, and still be useful in convoy with a 2 minute wait to get off the water for quick turnarounds. (zoom, shoot shoot, zoom for 2 minutes, reload, repeat). I have enough tiny 1600mAH LiPos to do it for an hour, easy. I have not got the SS done yet, but I want the center section to open with a hinge for fast reloads on the CO2 cartridges, BBs, and batteries. So, something I need to look at when building the SS.

The deck is G20 fiberglass board, very lightweight stuff :)

19. Anachronus

Othar II is named after Teddy Roosevelt's moose hunting partner. It is said that Othar gave Teddy the idea for the Great White Fleet.

;)

20. Tugboat

And the real Othar Tryggvassen(Gentleman Adventurer!) was responsible for building the Great Wall of Norway :)