Steampunk BB kit

Discussion in 'Steampunk Flotilla' started by Volkswagen50, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

I will have a steampunk BB kit available in a few weeks. I have the prototype coming from the laser cutter this week, and after assembling and documenting the build I will order more kits. Time frame is about the first week in September. We'll see how it goes, but I plan to offer 2 kits. One hull and basic super structure only and a second with running gear included. I will do some sea trials first.
    I got the plans from Steve, tweaked the notches for the plywood stock and will tweak again as needed. I chose this rule set for the super simple hull lacking in complex curves, scaling issues or historical precedent.
    It's my opinion that it should be a great way to get into the hobby cheaply. With basic skills, this should be something most anyone can put together.
    If someone can let me know how, I will donate a part of each sale towards the website.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

What makes it steampunk?

3. Volkswagen50

The steampunk rule set dictates a stock hull from the waterline down for each type. Above the waterline you can build whatever you want, historical or complete fantasy. I like the rule set because it allows more creativity. Google "steampunk battleship". Loads of great ideas!

4. Sinkazuki

Sinkazuki Active Member

Where is the ruleset?

5. Volkswagen50

Second from top pinned post in this forum.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  6. Volkswagen50

BB cut 1.jpg
    BB cut 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2018