Steampunk: New design

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Volkswagen50, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

Today when I got home there was a box of new and shiny boat parts: IMG_20181013_191548.jpg
    Which boat? Well it should be obvious. I know there are only 3 approved hull designs for Steampunk, but I'm isolated here in NW Iowa and I thought it might be fun to make a few oddballs that are easy, equal, and above all fun! I have enough for 4 of them. IMG_20181013_190724.jpg
    There's room for one cannon, (2) 380 size motors and controls. It will use 2 of the vacutug prop tubes and props, no rudder and tank like steering. Slow but maneuverable. The water channels are not cut for the pump because I didn't have one yet. The drawing will be modified for that when I get a pump next week.
    IMG_20181013_190736.jpg
    The super structure will be made from 1/2" foam and attached to the disc. It should sink down to the deck, not fully sink. A recovery float and full sink is an easy option. The height is 3", the penetrable window is 2". The outer edges will most likely be rounded off, fake gun ports, antennae, it's a blank canvas.

NickMyers and Beaver like this.