Stokomoto Von Der Tann

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Oct 17, 2008.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Just an update I was able to finally get the resin on to the subdeck and decks of VDT. Stuffing tubes are resined in along with the rudder posts and battery tray brackets. Now jus a matter of time and weather to clean it up and reapply resin where needed.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Just an update I was able to finally get the resin on to the subdeck and decks of VDT. Stuffing tubes are resined in along with the rudder posts and battery tray brackets. Now jus a matter of time and weather to clean it up and reapply resin where needed.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The weather cooperated and I was able to clean up the hull successfuly. I added another layer of resin over the main deck. Resin does stick to Sintra plastic after it dries and very hard to polish down. I need to buff the main deck smooth and level then it's on to marking out the hatch locations and the barbette locations.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Work is progressing on Vdt. Barbettes and deck hatches marked in prep for cutting.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

MOre work complete on VDT. The step down was sealed today and I was able to putty over the main decks and seal it with resin. Came out pretty nice.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The step down came out well and is now sealed. The decks are sanded again. Just minor work now on the main decks to smooth it out more.

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

This is good to hear