Strike Models is Temporarily Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by KeriMorgret, May 10, 2012.

1. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Hi everyone,
    As many of you know, we've had problem with access to our storage warehouse due to a fire in another business in the facility. We had no damage, but have been largely shut out of the warehouse because the city has electrical concerns. Many of you also know that we are relocating the business to Seattle because Keri accepted a full time position with a company in Seattle. We had planned on this relocating happening towards the end of June, but because of this accessibility issue, we will start moving at the end of May.

WE ARE SUSPENDING ORDERS STARTING MONDAY, MAY 14TH. Please get your orders in by Sunday, May 13th. We will fulfill our existing orders and any orders that come in through Sunday, but will then need to shut down the business for a few weeks so we can pack it up and move. We do not currently have a date to reopen the business, and we may reopen in stages as we get inventory and equipment relocated. We are still searching for a suitable location for the business in the greater Seattle area right now.

We thank you so much for your patronage these past three years, apologize for this temporary interruption, and look forward to serving you again as soon as we can.

Stephen and Keri Morgret, Strike Models

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Good luck!

3. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

good luck on the move......maybe when your back up and running you could possible supply Big Gun cannons....preferably the dual barrel ones fit for say a bismarck perhaps?
    :)

4. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Keri and Stephen,
    I would like to say thank you for all that you have done for the community. Moves are always tough, having done several throughout my career. The R/C Warship world will survive Strike Models temporary shutdown. Take your time and be safe. Good luck with your transition to Seatle.

5. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Wishing you the best in the move to new digs.
    UGH! I have to put my order on the back burner until you reopen.
    I hope that it is soon!

6. KeriMorgret

We hope it is soon too! We're looking at some more houses this weekend, and will keep our blog updated with the progress and will be sure to let everyone know when we're ready to reopen.

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Best wishes on the move and all.
    Keep up the good work.
    It is much appreciated by all.
    Mikey

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Congrats Keri on the new job and all the best on reestablishing in the new location. Your efforts in the Hobby is Greatly appreciated.

9. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Is there any word on Strike Models potential reopening dates?

10. KeriMorgret

Hi Ken,

No word right now. Most of our stuff is in a semi trailer in storage, and Stephen's leaving with the last bit in a cargo trailer in the next couple of days. We're in the middle of escrow on a house with a big workshop up here in the Seattle area, but the house appraised for lower than we're trying to get the loan for, so we're not sure what's going to happen.

Realistically, I'd say it's probably going to be another couple of months at least. We might be able to get the printers up and sell plans earlier, but there's a lot of stuff to take care of first, including finding an actual place. We're hoping to know in the next week if we'll be able to get this house or if we need to start over in the house search.

11. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

All that house search and escrow stuff can be a major headache :/ best of luck to you two
    hopefully a speedy return to business because I have money that needs spending ;) haha

12. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Hey Keri & Stephen;
    We just finished refinancing our home. That was a royal pain in the derriere, so I understand what you are going through.
    Wishing you the best and hope that it all goes through quickly.

13. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Thank you Keri,
    I appreciate the heads up. I know from talking with Stephen that he loves the house and workshop that ya'll are trying to purchase. It sounds like the a perfect place especially for his workshop. There are always problems that creep up when purchasing a new home. It is funny how things always seem to work out in the end.

14. KeriMorgret

We got the keys to the house tonight! We'll be moving a lot of our stuff in over the weekend. It will still be a while before we're up and running full speed, though we do plan to bring the printers online for plans as soon as we can. We'll keep everyone updated as we have more details.

We did get the house with the shop, and we want to take time to set it up right the first time, get everything organized well, do any needed electrical work, etc. so that when we do open again, we can really be there to serve everyone.

15. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!! :)

16. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

excellent!

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Excellent news!!

18. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

Congratulations on the new house and shipyard.

19. Rob Wood

Rob Wood NAMBA Rep

Here's hoping for smooth sailing, Keri and Stephen!

Rob

20. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Hey Keri and Stephen, Any update on how the move-in is going?