Strike Models is Temporarily Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by KeriMorgret, May 10, 2012.

1. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

Indeed - status? All going well? House moves are an amazing amount of work. Hope all goes well for you folks!

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Patience guys.

There is A LOT of work that they have to do before they can reopen, even partially. 3 weeks ago, everything was in pieces and boxes in a big trailer - I know, I helped unload a good quantity of it. After that it was all in pieces and boxes in a mostly disorganized system of piles across a 1500sq ft workspace and part of their house.

Remember that Stephen is only one person and can only do so much so fast. At the same time as he's trying to organize, setup and reassemble his shop, he's also trying to find new providers for things such as the fiberglass work for the hulls, the CNC Routing capabilities for the subdeck and deck assemblies, etc.

They also have to step through all the correct hoops for getting their business on the correct legal path in their new state and municipality.

Trust me, no one wants to be back in business and selling stuff more than Stephen and Keri, and they will tell us just as soon as they are capable of selling stuff again.

3. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

Thanks for the update!

4. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

And we appreciate Nick's help! Right now one of our holdups is getting a business license so that we can open up again in Washington. Once that happens, we can start selling hulls, some decks, and pre-made things like speed controllers. We do want to be running again, but at the same time, want to take our time to get set up properly. We'd rather delay taking orders for some things so that we can get everything organized and be prompt with filling orders than open up all orders and give all of you a bad customer experience (and frustrate ourselves) when we can't find what we need easily, etc.

5. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Oh I was nt nessecarily asking about reopening Strike. That is goig to happen eventually. I was more asking about how the move-in was going because that can be just as big a headache as finding a place. Sorry for the confusion. :)

6. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Strike Models is back !!! I got the first of several orders in that mail today !!! Welcome back Stephen and Keri . . .