Strike Models purchased BDE R/C's assets

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by KeriMorgret, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

A quick note to say that Strike Models purchased the assets of BDE R/C this week. We've got boxes of Big Gun cannon parts (mostly cruiser size) and the CAD files and plans for making more. The assets also included the plans for 110 different ships.

To fold everything into one commercial announcement, here is some other new stuff in the works.
    Arriving around mid-November:
    - Polarized safety sunglasses
    - LiFePO4 batteries and universal chargers
    - Silicone wire of various gauges (high strand, tin coated)
    - Waterproof fuses
    - Marine Shrink Tubing

Available Now:
    - Richelieu
    - Dunkerque
    - Littorio
    - Hood
    - Silver-soldered props. 2-5 blades, diameters of 1-2 inches, standard pitches are 27 and 35 degrees
    - Lightweight regulators, both fixed and variable

Thanks everyone for being so supportive of us. It's great to be a part of this community!

Keri and Stephen Morgret
    Strike Models
    http://www.strikemodels.com

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

This is great news! Guns have been a major bottleneck for Big Gunners, so it'll be great once those are in production. I personally am thrilled to see the polarized safety sunglasses. I got to try out the sample pair, and it was incredible what a difference it made. Suddenly I could SEE all the weeds, moss, and other danger spots, instead of guess-and-check and hoping I didn't get snared. I look forward to getting my own pair soon.

3. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Excellent! this is great news.

4. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Congrats on your expansion. How did you enjoy fast gun combat in NY?

Marty Hayes

5. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I told you privately last night but never hurts to say it again.... Congrats!!

6. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

We both really enjoyed the battle in NY, and were glad to be able to meet some of the people from that group. We had a great time, and thank Rob/Iceman for putting it together.

7. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

The NY battle was GREAT!!!! Keri and Steve are good people and will take this hobby far. The products they brought were new lightweight answers to age old problems and will enable many to run smaller ships more effectively. Gaining another company will help in the quest to bring more products to the hobby making it easier for people to build these ships. Congrats!

8. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Just curious, is there any interest in producing laser-cut hulls from the Emile Bertin and Mehoshi Maru patterns that are available in the File Manager? The plans are freely available, but the Emile Bertin never got beyond an initial trial run for laser cutting. Wooden patterns and laser-cut kits would be a great help for people who want to learn about building wooden hulls.

9. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I second that question. :)
    From what I understand, BDE once had or sold laser cut wood hull kits. It would be great to see some wood hulled kits come out. Admittedly, there probably won't be a big demand for them, but just having wood kits out there may inspire someone to try building a wood kit either for the challenge or to save some money over a fiberglass hull.

10. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

This is great news indeed.
    One thing that the locals here in Ohio have been after BDE about is a simple triple torpedo pack for cruisers and such. Neubaur (sp) used to have a nice triple set-up that was fairly inexpensive, and the MBG saw a growth in cruisers because of it.
    When we could no longer obtain the torp packs, we saw folks installing the smallish Lutzow turrets in cruisers as torpedo mounts, but they were more expensive because of the bearing and stuff.
    Anyhow. Well done to Strikemodels in picking up the BDE line.
    Mikey

11. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Keri and Stephen,
    When do you expect to receive the molds I sold to Tugboat? A fellow who got an HMS Gorgon/Glatton hull from Tugboat has asked me about the model's construction. Tugboat not only bought my hull mold but the molds for the first 2 levels of the superstructure, the 4 x 6" and 2 x 9.2" turrets, the conning tower and spotting top. I've asked David to contact Strike Models re getting the rest of the Gorgon 'semi-kit's' components from you. Note that they should be lightly constructed to keep the model under max. allowed weight.
    Bob Pottle

12. smorgret

smorgret Vendor

Hello Bob,

When I spoke with Tugboat last week, he had just about everything packed and thought he could get it out this last weekend. I have not been able to contact him this evening, but I'll let you know when I get through.

Stephen Morgret
    Strike Models

13. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

They are being shipped. But perhaps an open forum is not the place to discuss business matters, gentlemen...

Edit: But since it's already posted and I'm sure that people are wondering... Stephen has the tracking number and the hull molds for the 2 cruisers are on their way to Strike Models.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.