Strike Solenoid

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by pigeonfarmboy, Mar 7, 2017.

1. pigeonfarmboy

pigeonfarmboy Well-Known Member

Saw these posted on Facebook and decided to order a couple to check them out. They come in 5V and 12V variants and are $24. Wanted to post the weight since I had the scale out. Also pictured is a 6V Spartan.

Attached Files:

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

So does Strike only sell the 60psi Spartan solenoids? Spartan makes 200psi versions and I've heard the 60psi ones sometimes can't operate under our pressure. So why carry the 60psi ones?

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Far as I know Strike has dropped the Spartans

As to the PSI rating, Stephen's comments on them were here: https://rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/hi-all-just-starting-a-build-of-uss-sd.444304/page-2#post-501043
    Personally I suspect reported issues with them stem from a Conditions May Vary, Your Mileage May Vary type situation that was not foreseen. Could be that Spartan's coils aren't overly consistent and some of what went out performed subpar vs what was initially tested. Could be some over-pressure systems out there. Could be systems with shoddy wiring and voltage sags. Could be Stephen's testing wasn't as complete as he had thought. Could be every factor possible.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Panzer likes this.