Suffren Rebuild

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by PrepmasterNick, Apr 12, 2015.

1. PrepmasterNick

PrepmasterNick Active Member

The ribs don't feel broken, actually. The bigger issue is we noticed that the ribs are too thick rather than thin. So, once those widths are adjusted, the hope is to have the correct amount of ribs displaced properly or at least strategically to make the ship legal and functional. Sorry for not prefacing the issues.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Are the top think because there are too few of them. I made my first ship with less 3/8" ribs. The rest have all had more 1/4". If that's the case leave it adding that many ribs is not worth it.

3. PrepmasterNick

I'll have to sit down and check it again. I'll see if I can't work the problem with Doug and Lee to decide what should get done. Maybe I should post the width of each rib on here for you to confer as well?

4. daisycutter

daisycutter Active Member

Keep after it Nick!

5. PrepmasterNick

Indeed. Should have some sand papers somewhere around here.

6. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

You should be able to add 3 ribs. When I built her I didn't understand the rules well enough to calculate hard area properly. At one point I was planning on adding ribs back to get to the allowed hard area, but then I sold it to a new guy and it wasn't as big a deal. I think it was 3 or 4. Also, the bull is an older style glass lay up, very durable. Been taking hits for about 15 years...but a little reinforcing couldn't hurt.

7. PrepmasterNick

Ya man, I'm sure it can be figured out once I have time to crack at it again. Been busy lately.

8. PrepmasterNick

Can't wait for band camp to end so I can take the boat down and crack on it some more.

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

*nudge*

Beaver likes this.
  10. PrepmasterNick

Ya... Marching Season is usually a butt kicking experience. I've been learning how to teach Spanish this year. This has been eye opening to say the least. I'm hoping to crack at this after our last festival on Nov. 7th