Sunday Aug. 24 Battle - Time Change

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Guys,
    We need to change tomorrow's battle time.

Jason has to work tomorrow afternoon and Tom needs a few more hours to complete Erebus, so we need a happy medium between early AM and the original time of 1330h.

How about moving the meeting time up to 1100h? If we get started by noon there will be plenty of time for Jason to battle 2 sorties before he has to leave at 1430h.

Bob

2. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

That works for me but it changes things a little for the other members of my family. I'll need to start packing up around 2:00.

Even earlier would be better - but this is good.

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Works for me, I am flexible, so whatever works best for everyone.

4. Bob Pottle

A little earlier would be better but Tom will need every hour available to finish Erebus. (Tomorrow is his only chance to battle this year.) Tom's work schedule and me having unexpected guests arrive for 4 days hampered construction. He's going to finish sheeting tonight, spray the ship with grey primer, add the waterline and test float.

It would be a good idea to arrive earlier than 1100h and test your ships on the water. We'll dispense with formal speed, pump output and penetration tests as this is not a NATS and we're being liberal re compliance with Treaty specs until the next event.

I'll call Ralph, John and Tom re the time change. Steve has guests at the cottage so didn't think he'd make it. I've lost his cottage number but if anyone has it please call him re the time change, just in case.

Bob

5. Bob Pottle

Captains,
    Don't forget that safety equipment is mandatory. Everyone must wear safety glasses and all BB cannon barrels must be pinned on shore.

I don't have the barrier rope so we'll have to keep an eye out for people wandering into our area and immediately call a halt to any battle in progress until they can be redirected.

See you in 3 hours!

Bob