Superstructers How to?

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by pew-pew-pew, Apr 30, 2007.

1. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Every ship has a superstructure... But how exactly to You make them? Or are there stores to buy them at?

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

here is a gallery that shows one method of wooden ship construction. The second page shows superstructure being built.
    http://www.westernwarshipcombat.com/gallery/album19?page=1
    Almost every ship's superstructure must be built by the skipper, and only a few can be bought pre-built. That's why superstructure complexity plays a factor in rookie ship recommendations. The simpler the superstructure, the sooner you'll be able to fight.

3. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Well what stores have Pre-built superstructers?

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Battler's Connection has some superstructure parts for some of their ships. Barnstormer Boats has superstructure for the boats that they have, but it's spendy. You are sooner or later going to have to build something yourself :)

5. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

That depends on what boat you are going to build.

-Greg

6. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Well still wondering... Either a Des Monies Or a North Carolina.

7. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Well, the best way to go about it (if your local club will let you) is to get everything else working... that way at the very least you can fight w/o a superstructure as you work on it. Many of the more difficult parts can be found but the bases you will need to do at this time.

8. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Well My Dad And I Are Still thinking of s club here. So fighting w/o a superstructure until its built should not be a problem...

9. Tugboat

In Region 3 MWCI if it runs, it can get on the water. You might hear some ribbing about the "aircraft carrier", but you can go out and battle with it, if you get up for an Orlando or Cocoa Beach battle.

10. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

I've seen some pretty strange superstructers... One of which was a Wood block mounted to the ship

11. Tugboat

Dude, I wouldn't go off on anyone's embarassing anything until I had a ship in the water. It takes a lot more hard work than you think it does.

12. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I've fought my ship without superstructure before. It's better to have a floating skateboard with guns than an unarmed museum decoration. I've never quite figured out why so many people build the superstructure first, when it's the insides that have to work.

13. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Kotori, I see your point... I think it might be that people Like having a Realistic fighting ship, instead of an armed skate board, but Different people build different Ships in different ways... Like i heard before, Build a Ship Your Way... As long as It Doesent break any of your club's Rules :p