Swampworks

Discussion in 'General' started by HMCS, Mar 19, 2007.

1. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi all,

Just need some help remembering what date Swampy closed his doors?(was it sometime fall of 05?)

Also I know he was trying to sell of the business,has anybody heard if there is a new owner??

Thanks
    SRF

2. klibben

klibben Member

"Dear Swampworks Customer,

As of 1/1/06 Swampworks Mfg. is no longer making and marketing model warship kits.

We are hoping to sell our kit making operations to other parties, but the process of making the sale, transacting it, then getting the new owners back into production may be a lengthy one. No telling when kits will be available again. Sorry for the inconvenience here, but from our end it's been unavoidable.

Best regards,
    Steve M. SWAMPWORKS"

His email is still swampy@swampworks.com as far as i know...

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

As far as I've heard, he hasn't found a buyer yet. He does, however put out a call every 6 months or so to see if anyone needs hulls from his molds.

4. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi Tugboat,

When was the last time he put his call out? and how can I get in touch with him? I've been trying to find a swampy USS Atlanta kit for the last year or so, when I contacted him after his closure announcment he had no kits(or even just a hull)left.Do you know if he's doing kits or just hulls?(not a big deal as I'd gladly take a hull)I know BC does an Atlanta,but there's a hull listing on the MWCI SCRAP page and it gets pretty poor reviews.

Thanks
    SRF

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Yeah, but I think Chris was a TAD critical in his evaluation.

I haven't heard a call from Swampy in a while, maybe he'll do one soon. Realistically, though, no idea on how long that might be. I'd either go with a BC hull, or scratchbuild one.